Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man Utd Away Tickets

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
E132 is the only remaining away end block which we can have

Looking at our ticketing site this really does not appear to be the case . It shows 5 blocks which all appear briefly in blue before the ones at either end revert to grey . When first put on sale it was only 2 blocks which remained blue and available to purchase .Subsequently E232 which had been greyed out also stayed blue and became available . E132 does not even appear in grey or otherwise so my feeling is that if sales pick up and another block is to be released then it will be one of the two greyed out blocks , at least that is how i am reading it .

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Looking at our ticketing site this really does not appear to be the case . It shows 5 blocks which all appear briefly in blue before the ones at either end revert to grey . When first put on sale it was only 2 blocks which remained blue and available to purchase .Subsequently E232 which had been greyed out also stayed blue and became available . E132 does not even appear in grey or otherwise so my feeling is that if sales pick up and another block is to be released then it will be one of the two greyed out blocks , at least that is how i am reading it .

The away blocks for league games at OT are E132 and E230/1/2

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Soon find out. 212 seats currently available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Soon find out. 212 seats currently available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Or maybe not as currently about 60 left most of which are wheelchair or ambulant disabled . I can only see 23 which are not either of those . I would have thought that if another block was going to be opened they would have done it by now seeing as the last one was opened when there was still about 200 left in the first two blocks unless it is some kind of mistake .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I really don't get this not taking the full allocation. I won't go into great detail but one member of our merry band who has been a STH for three years now (unable to get a ST before due to work commitments) finds himself in a low band a hence we can only buy him away tickets with a friends points who is currently unable to attend as they play most weekends.
Ok problem solved and tickets purchased but how is the person outside the top one / three tiers meant to increase personal points without risking missing out on away match day tickets.
Also travelling to games by train we have no alternative but to do this in order to secure the best prices on the train.
Surely we will always sell the full allocation for the big away days especially taking into account our away form from last season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I really don't get this not taking the full allocation. I won't go into great detail but one member of our merry band who has been a STH for three years now (unable to get a ST before due to work commitments) finds himself in a low band a hence we can only buy him away tickets with a friends points who is currently unable to attend as they play most weekends.
Ok problem solved and tickets purchased but how is the person outside the top one / three tiers meant to increase personal points without risking missing out on away match day tickets.
Also travelling to games by train we have no alternative but to do this in order to secure the best prices on the train.
Surely we will always sell the full allocation for the big away days especially taking into account our away form from last season.

In answer to your first question I agree that for this game they should have taken the full allocation but that doesn't mean they should do so for all big games. Pretty certain they wouldn't have sold out against the Manchester clubs last season as both ended up being midweek. As for your first point, your friend is in the same boat as many and will need to get tickets for the less attractive away games. Two in our group have been doing the same for the last couple of years and are very close to being in the third tier.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In answer to your first question I agree that for this game they should have taken the full allocation but that doesn't mean they should do so for all big games. Pretty certain they wouldn't have sold out against the Manchester clubs last season as both ended up being midweek. As for your first point, your friend is in the same boat as many and will need to get tickets for the less attractive away games. Two in our group have been doing the same for the last couple of years and are very close to being in the third tier.

Yes, agreed.

We got tickets for a couple of aways in the first season on my mate's 1901 because he didn't go away but quickly realised that wasn't going to increase my own points. My son was also in a low band despite being a STH since the age of 8 because we could really only do London games with him when younger, and he obviously wasn't at Withdean.

Last season I had to wait until his band came up and he was always below me. However, we did the home friendly, Swansea home League Cup game and managed to do Villa, Southampton and Spurs twice away and both renewed our STs. For Man U he was in the same bracket as me and we were both second up which was enough for me to get slightly annoyed by having a choice of bad tickets in the first released block rather than worry about whether I was going to get them or not.

Fulham will be a test of if we can do local games easily - I suspect Brentford and B'Muff will be out of our points because of the small allocation. Having done Fulham twice in the Championship with him, my mate and his son, I'd hope we can get something for it.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

I take your point about away evening kick off's but in general we should sell our allocation. Last season Norwich away was a joke not taking the full allocation, I would even argue the same for Leicester even though it was a Sunday.
Surely Barber wants to grow our support and not let it level off to the same group of regular followers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take your point about away evening kick off's but in general we should sell our allocation. Last season Norwich away was a joke not taking the full allocation, I would even argue the same for Leicester even though it was a Sunday.
Surely Barber wants to grow our support and not let it level off to the same group of regular followers.

The point is we dont always sell out. Think we did for the first season but once some have been to a stadium they dont always go again. However if we start this season as we finished the last one then no doubt we'll go back to 3000 away every game apart from the likes of Bournemouth and brentford!

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Can anyone tell me whereabouts on your online account you can view your current loyalty points?

Thanks chaps

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The away blocks for league games at OT are E132 and E230/1/2

Seems that is no longer the case as E233 upper tier has now been released as i surmised might happen , another approx 500 seats .
Two things are a little odd though , firstly why wait until after every non disabled seat has been sold in the other blocks perhaps giving the impression that there will be no more and secondly even though all the disabled seats had not been sold in the other blocks they are now greyed out and currently cannot be purchased which as there are none in E233 means if there are any disabled my albion plus members they will have to contact the club as they now cannot buy online .
The fact that there is a group of seats down the side of E233 and also along the bottom which are not for sale would suggest a segregation zone meaning united fans must be in the lower tier directly below this section . It is very pleasing however that this block has now been released as i hope it means that there will be some availability for non season ticket holders who wish to attend the first game of the season .

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Bought 3. Very pleased.

Good stuff , i noticed yesterday that the club had released another small group of seats in 2 of the blocks that were previously sold out did you get some of those ?
Just over 300 left in only one block now E233 so approx 250 sold today thinking and hoping the rest will go to those with previous history .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Good stuff , i noticed yesterday that the club had released another small group of seats in 2 of the blocks that were previously sold out did you get some of those ?
Just over 300 left in only one block now E233 so approx 250 sold today thinking and hoping the rest will go to those with previous history .

Yeah, we are in E231 which I think is one of the original blocks you were referring to ? Last season we were right next to the Man U fans on their phones so made sense to move in a bit. I’m pleased the outlay for Albion + has given us something meaningful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here