Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U seat of pants night

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Mad for it!

Apologies to Manure fans, that is Mancunian for 'mad for it' which you as residents of London and Devon will no doubt not be familiar with.

Bloody great result....

may you cascade ever downwards....t*****s!

TNBA

TTF

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps we should ease off the ManU abuse when we are perhaps relying on ManU loanees.

You never know who is watching !

Considering that LVG has spent £xxxm how long has he got now ?

Did this guy actually manage Barca or Real (I can't remember which)

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are you really bothered by this? It's always Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and United or Liverpool in these positions. I honestly couldn't give a fig about this competition.

Ah but, when I was a lad, it was a proper competition, straight knockout over 2 legs, no fannying around with the draw so you get a nice easy fixture. You could get the champions of Cyprus or the champions of Germany and we, ie British clubs owned it for many years....it's crap now

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are you really bothered by this? It's always Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and United or Liverpool in these positions. I honestly couldn't give a fig about this competition.

At last, a sensible answer. Success in Euro competition only detracts from what should be the aim of our top clubs, to win our domestic competitions first and foremost, which should include the FA Cup.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I really wouldn't celebrate this result, Wilson will already have settled-up his 28 day hotel bill.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
United are through To The Tinpot Thursday Night Cup.

Will it still be that if we ever get to play in it?

I really can't understand why more clubs don't take it seriously. Devalued by the Champions League dropouts being thrown into it at this late stage, mind. I don't see why they should get another chance.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When was the last time the mancs signed a world class player that either Bayern, Real, or Barca wanted? They haven't got a top, top player in years, some would say Di Maria, but none of the others wanted him, and, I don't think they would get Bale either, of to Bayern to replace Robbin, I reckon.
They may consider themselves peers of the big three in a Europe, but they are more on a par with Juventus, or Athletico when it comes to signing players, except they have to pay a lot more.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Better pray they hang onto LVG until the end of the season, we need Wilson. If Carlo A gets the job he might have a different view and recall him

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And its ironic that when the European Cup was open to only champions, it was called the European Cup, but when they opened it up to any team that could scrape into fourth, it is called the Champions league. Smoke and mirrors

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And its ironic that when the European Cup was open to only champions, it was called the European Cup, but when they opened it up to any team that could scrape into fourth, it is called the Champions league. Smoke and mirrors

If it was still the same then both the UEFA Cup and, as a knock on effect, the FA Cup would matter. It's a shame the greed of the elite has effected the grass roots so much.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Better pray they hang onto LVG until the end of the season, we need Wilson. If Carlo A gets the job he might have a different view and recall him

I'm not so sure about this. It sounds like there were quite a few youngsters in the squad tonight already - I think what United need is an experienced name to take Wilson's place. In fact, I think someone suggested a big name striker would be going to Old Trafford in January.

However, as [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION] points out, it's been a while since they did actually have a REALLY quality player that actually performed. Spending BIG money on young talent seems to be the 'philosophy' for LVG.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Man Utd and City go through not because I like them but they are English clubs and we need our clubs to stay in as long as possible to maintain our quota of places.

The point is - quota or no quota - Man Utd are mediocre and don't deserve to qualify.

Dec 29, 2011
When was the last time the mancs signed a world class player that either Bayern, Real, or Barca wanted? They haven't got a top, top player in years, some would say Di Maria, but none of the others wanted him, and, I don't think they would get Bale either, of to Bayern to replace Robbin, I reckon.
They may consider themselves peers of the big three in a Europe, but they are more on a par with Juventus, or Athletico when it comes to signing players, except they have to pay a lot more.

SAF leaving was the turning point. I think that if he was still there, they could capture any player they wanted. I wouldn't underestimate the pull it has on a player to play under SAF.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not so sure about this. It sounds like there were quite a few youngsters in the squad tonight already - I think what United need is an experienced name to take Wilson's place. In fact, I think someone suggested a big name striker would be going to Old Trafford in January.

However, as [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION] points out, it's been a while since they did actually have a REALLY quality player that actually performed. Spending BIG money on young talent seems to be the 'philosophy' for LVG.

I completely agree with you, I think it is Man United's main intention to sign a 'big name' striker in the January window. However, I think we should still hope that they turn things around somewhat with regard to league form as it was reported Giggs didn't want to let Wilson go, and I'd imagine he'd be the likely interim boss if LvG were to get the sack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here