Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U EMBARASSMENT

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is very true.

Manchester United have won a total of 60 major trophies in their history. 51 of those 60 titles came under Matt Busby (13 between 1951 and 1968) and Ferguson (38 between 1989 and 2013).

Take those two managers out of the equation and they're below Newcastle, Forest, Wolves and Blackburn in the trophy haul count. And they're on a par with Sunderland, Leeds, WBA and Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

If you take post war from the start of Busby in 1945, there is only 20 years to the present day in which they haven't been managed by those 2.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is very true.

Manchester United have won a total of 60 major trophies in their history. 51 of those 60 titles came under Matt Busby (13 between 1951 and 1968) and Ferguson (38 between 1989 and 2013).

Take those two managers out of the equation and they're below Newcastle, Forest, Wolves and Blackburn in the trophy haul count. And they're on a par with Sunderland, Leeds, WBA and Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

I LOVE this stat and am going to use it on some of my "utd till I die" never been to Old Trafford numpty colleague IMMEDIATELY.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you take post war from the start of Busby in 1945, there is only 20 years to the present day in which they haven't been managed by those 2.

Lucky for them then eh ? Otherwise their lauded history would be BANG average.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I LOVE this stat and am going to use it on some of my "utd till I die" never been to Old Trafford numpty colleague IMMEDIATELY.

Feel free :thumbsup:

When they hit Google, they MIGHT claim 62 titles not 60 - however, 2 of them were Charity Shields that were SHARED.

That's not winning them as far as I'm concerned.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not sure who is more embarrassed in this photo

Attachments

• vdg.jpg
    vdg.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 129

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Lucky for them then eh ? Otherwise their lauded history would be BANG average.

I'm not fan of United (quite the contrary) but I'm not sure I see why this could be used as some form of insult? If you take the success of out of the equation no one would be successful?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not fan of United (quite the contrary) but I'm not sure I see why this could be used as some form of insult? If you take the success of out of the equation no one would be successful?

The point is, their success has been almost entirely down to just 2 outstanding managers in their history. Take them out of the equation, and they're not even as good as Blackburn.

I take solace and satisfaction from that because I am mean, petty-minded and quite immature.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They're not even the best and most attractive club in their city. Not only are we seeing Man U shrink, we're seeing Man City grow. It must be a complete nightmare for the few United fans who actually live in Manchester.

What's more galling is that Van Persie, Cole, Fletcher and Neville have sent their kids to City's academy.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This is very true.

I'm not sure that removing 31 years and two successful managers from their history is entirely fair, statistically.

31 years is a long time, and someone else may have guided them to some success. And those other clubs that you mention were successful in bursts - when they had successful managers.

Great to see them failing now, though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have mixed felings about Man U.

Their wider popularity I think came after the Munich disaster. Soon after then, and quite understandably, lots of people wanted them to do well and it stuck. Atkinson said some unneccesary stuff about us getting to the FA cup final in 83. On the basis that was not before my time, I'll continue to enjoy watching them not having things go their way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here