Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U EMBARASSMENT

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
What is funny is that Man U think they are a Barca or Real Madrid.

What is also funny is the the Premier League fans are always telling us that the Spanish League is weak apart from the top two but they all seem to be doing considerably better than the English teams. Valencia 5-0 up, Sevilla 3-0 up, Villarreal 1-0 up, Ath Bilbao drawing at Marseille.

Feb 14, 2010
What is also funny is the the Premier League fans are always telling us that the Spanish League is weak apart from the top two but they all seem to be doing considerably better than the English teams. Valencia 5-0 up, Sevilla 3-0 up, Villarreal 1-0 up, Ath Bilbao drawing at Marseille.

cant argue with that, but more what did happen to the VG ? (shop that is)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think it says a lot that I've heard/seen numerous United fans (supposedly) ask what this sort of form means for the financial aspect of the club.

No real concern over lack of league challenge, not really upset that they've just been beaten by a team they really should've monstered..oh no, more concerned about the 'brand'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I watched the second half and got to say that the Danish side were good value for that win. Man U looked ordinary. It was like watching a mid-table Championship side and as others have said, if Lingaard can hold down a regular spot then there is something seriously wrong at Old Trafford.

Love it. Hate that team.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The fact that Jesse Lingard is a regular starter highlights their lack of real talent. He has been average at best for them and is nowhere near the quality of player United need if they are to compete with the top teams. He was unimpressive tonight.

Have to say I have been amazed that a player who was no better than OK when on loan to us last season suddenly becomes a fixture in United's starting XI.

fully agree .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In their defence, the injury list they have would rival any NHS ward.

However, it doesn't excuse some shit performances. Being a relative youngster, Utd were the team growing up, so it's a bit off seeing them faltering. However, seeing any big club falter (Man Utd, Chelsea etc) is always cause for a chuckle.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/manche...l-blames-murphys-law-after-europa-league-loss

Apparently LVG is blaming 'murphys law'
attachment.php

Attachments

• laugh1.gif
    laugh1.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 640

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Utd could very easily do a Liverpool and go years without a trophy. Great to see. Seem to think they have some sort of devine right to win something.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a bad result. LVG seems to be doing worse than Moyes, without Rooney they have no hope of Champions League.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Perhaps they are returning back to the glory years of the 70's and 80's where they picked up 5 Trophies and that included a Charity Shield and a Div 2 Trophy.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Perhaps they are returning back to the glory years of the 70's and 80's where they picked up 5 Trophies and that included a Charity Shield and a Div 2 Trophy.

Quite. People tend to forget what a laughing stock they were in those days when, despite waving their cheque book around, they couldn't buy the success they so desperately craved.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its turning into a beautiful story. Man U shares still on a very high PE though

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
They're not even the best and most attractive club in their city. Not only are we seeing Man U shrink, we're seeing Man City grow. It must be a complete nightmare for the few United fans who actually live in Manchester.

PS Does anyone remember the United merchandise shop on Western rd back in the 90's? How times have changed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Enjoying the Van Gaal years, long may it continue.

The sense of entitlement spewing from Man U fans is hilarious. I pointed out to one who was telling me that the culture of Man U was to win playing attacking football. I pointed out that in fact apart from one manager (two if we go back as far as Busby) the culture of United is underachieving. He didn't like the idea of them reverting to type after Fergie's success.

This is very true.

Manchester United have won a total of 60 major trophies in their history. 51 of those 60 titles came under Matt Busby (13 between 1951 and 1968) and Ferguson (38 between 1989 and 2013).

Take those two managers out of the equation and they're below Newcastle, Forest, Wolves and Blackburn in the trophy haul count. And they're on a par with Sunderland, Leeds, WBA and Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here