Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of Match vs Reading

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Baldock for me with Goldson, Bruno and Rosenior following. Rather ironical that the sponsors (2 footballers) who know something about the game picked Baldock so obviously appreciated what he was doing.

Elphick Brothers are plastering contractors from Eastbourne

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Happy enough with Baldock as motm, was everywhere in the first half and kept the work rate up in the second. Shame about the poor finish from his one clear chance though. As others have said Bruno, Goldson and Liam would also have been in with a shout.
I'm a bit worried with Stephens' form and other than his goal Wilson looked a bit off the pace tonight.
Hopefully it will be Knocky time at MK to set him up for a barnstorming end to the season....

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Baldock was fantastic his work rate and pressing was great. Thought Liam rosenior was class too and his versatility is going to be vital in the run in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Baldock for me. Stephens was woeful

I'm getting a real sense that some of the crowd is starting to get on Stephens back. I thought he did better than Kayal last night, but perhaps Kayal is immune from such criticism. Stephens has been quality this season, he was okay last night, he didn't half work hard, and despite some of his passing being a circumspect and not always accurate yesterday, I still thought he helped dominate the midfield for much of the game. I really hope he doesn't start becoming the crowd's new Barnes because he really doesn't deserve it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm getting a real sense that some of the crowd is starting to get on Stephens back. I thought he did better than Kayal last night, but perhaps Kayal is immune from such criticism. Stephens has been quality this season, he was okay last night, he didn't half work hard, and despite some of his passing being a circumspect and not always accurate yesterday, I still thought he helped dominate the midfield for much of the game. I really hope he doesn't start becoming the crowd's new Barnes because he really doesn't deserve it.
As a self confessed 'I don't get the Stephens love-in' poster, I now have the advantage.

Although I can see a little drop off in form, it's nothing massive.
He's still comfortably our second best in that position, and he does break up their play really well.

But having never seen him as the box to box, 10-15 goals a season, dynamic playmaker, I'm far from crushingly disappointed when he's not the player others were raving about.

If Kayal's form were to slip I'd be in pieces.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bruno and Goldson, ahead of Baldock, Rosenior and Dunk.

Yes Dunk misplaced three passes, but his DEFENDING alongside CG, was superb.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bruno for me, 90 minutes of total class.

Baldock was superb in the first half, he popped up about three times in the move for that goal. Wasn't quite so involved in the second, or I'd have voted for him as MoM.

Then Goldson, who refused to get wound up by that little git Vydra or the fat lump Robson-Kanu, despite their best efforts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Then Goldson, who refused to get wound up by that little git Vydra or the fat lump Robson-Kanu, despite their best efforts.

Did anyone else breathe a huge sigh of relief when Vydra went off though? He was the only real danger I really panicked at when he ran at us. When he was taken off they'd just won a free kick from another of his runs. Bizarre substitution.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Pretty solid all round performance. The difference between last Tuesday and yesterday was Beram Kayal. He makes us tick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here