[Albion] Man City v Arsenal called off due to Corona Virus.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The fairest way is no relegation but promote the 2 teams in the auto places. Surely the EPL can cope with 4 more rounds of fixtures for just one season? Ditch the league cup for one season. Relegate 4 teams next season and promote 2. Bring back the play offs at the end of the 21/22 season.

Liverpool should be champions.

That assumes the country will be in a position to start next season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cancel the Euros.

Postpone all domestic games for a month and finish the season in June/July if needed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No team that is relegated without playing 38 games will take it lying down ( unless they are already mathematically down ).

They wouldn't accept playoffs either, so if the season is binned, all 20 teams should be back in the PL next year.

Now, what about teams which are not mathematically up if the championship is cancelled? No idea. Add the points onto next season ?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No team that is relegated without playing 38 games will take it lying down ( unless they are already mathematically down ).

They wouldn't accept playoffs either, so if the season is binned, all 20 teams should be back in the PL next year.

Now, what about teams which are not mathematically up if the championship is cancelled? No idea. Add the points onto next season ?

It is an absolute minefield.

I’m assuming that the football top brass have contingency plans - but of course there are the top brass for the Premier League and top brass for the EFL. And then there’s the top brass for the Champions League and Europa League too.

When you really think this through - just wow

What’s the betting that their contingency plans don’t meet?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I cannot see how this season will be completed.

If season is scrapped it should/will end in the positions as they stand irrespective of the number of games played.

It might seem harsh for some ( those looking at promotion)..... but no teams relegated or promoted from any division.........simples !! Know one could foresee this was going to happen after all. Null & void.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only fair way of resolving this all is to suspend the season, and work out the final tables via the Duckworth-Lewis method.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I assume the season will have to continue, even if that goes into September / October. There is absolutely nothing clean about cancelling it or ending it prematurely and court cases will be plentiful and will drag.

So it will be postponed until such time it can be continued. That might be all through the summer, so player registrations will have to be extended and transfer window pushed back. Then the 2020-21 season will be truncated, perhaps all domestic cups not held for a season, no winter break, European trophies become straight one-leg knockouts with no group stage, lots of midweek league games, fewer international breaks and Nations league cancelled - after all every European league will be in same boat - and we get back on track with a Euros in summer 2021 (as long as league season not required to go on to June) and a revised WC qualifying schedule.

Whatever is done I imagine it will be a UEFA-facilitated Europe-wide decision.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The only fair way of resolving this all is to suspend the season, and work out the final tables via the Duckworth-Lewis method.

Villa would end up with 10 million points if it was based on the potential of their remaining resources. Or -100 on the actual performance of their remaining resources.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As anyone should realise, the funniest outcome in sport is usually the best. Therefore as the funniest outcome is to completely void the season and start afresh in August, denying Liverpool a title and Leeds a promotion, this is 100% the best thing to happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any plans in place or been discussed for the Swedish season that about to start?
I have flights and accommodation booked to see my Swedish team Hammarby play Kalmar at the beginning of April.
Baden :clap:

Shit, you have a Swedish team? How, why?

If it doesnt turn out worse than it already is, Allsvenskan will start when its supposed to. But its very likely going to get a lot worse and I would be surprised to see Allsvenskan start in April.

Clubs have already said that playing in front of empty seats is not going to happen since a) clubs cannot afford it and b) the whole league is depending on atmosphere since the football is shit - people would be unlikely to turn up en masse to watch it on tv.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As anyone should realise, the funniest outcome in sport is usually the best. Therefore as the funniest outcome is to completely void the season and start afresh in August, denying Liverpool a title and Leeds a promotion, this is 100% the best thing to happen.

It would stop Portsmouth's charge up the table to automatic promotion too. Which would be a shame.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Timo Hübers from Hannover 96 is the first professional footballer to test positive for the virus.

Likely that this will complicate things further.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
As a general point, 'self isolation' is a misnomer unless the person lives on their own, it should be termed 'staying at home'. If the person lives with other people they will still risk infecting everyone they live with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports