Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City reported to UEFA after fans booed Champions League anthem

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I the only football fan that takes no notice of the Champions league, I done even know when its on or whose init, and frankly don't care.

Now its not a knockout I lost all interest.

I'm sure you would, should you manage to end up in the top 6.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wish English clubs would just Boycott the FIFA/UEFA crap. UEFA needs us more than we need them.

Unlike all the other european leagues, the British leagues would survive easily without UEFA. All they seem to do is either fine British clubs or ban them from europe. The English game and our superior depth down the leagues can't be matched even close by any other nation on earth.

Uefa can F off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wish English clubs would just Boycott the FIFA/UEFA crap. UEFA needs us more than we need them.
Unfortunately I doubt that's the case. A lot of top players won't play here if there's no hope of CL football, and other clubs won't notice we're missing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Unfortunately I doubt that's the case. A lot of top players won't play here if there's no hope of CL football, and other clubs won't notice we're missing.

I think it would be the death of the CL if a nation like England pulled out of it (not that it will happen). Foreign clubs all hope for a good English cup tie when the fixture are due.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it would be the death of the CL if a nation like England pulled out of it (not that it will happen). Foreign clubs all hope for a good English cup tie when the fixture are due.
They seemed to cope fine when we were missing in the 80s.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Cobblers, the CL would carry on just fine without us. Foreign teams no more look for an English cup tie than a Spanish, Italian or German.

Don't believe the perpetual Sky Sports hype-machine hogwash. The Premier League isn't the be-all and end-all to everyone else.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Don't believe the perpetual Sky Sports hype-machine hogwash. The Premier League isn't the be-all and end-all to everyone else.

I don't but what other country has lower divisions as strong and well supported as ours? European football is still seen 2nd to league football in this country. You've only got to see the starting line-ups our English clubs are putting out in Europe to believe that.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Why, we rarely do very well. When we were banned for hooligan behaviour years ago, the Euro Comps ticked over ok, and the only ones that missed it was us! Besides which, all the foreign players that play in our premier would just move to participating teams.
That said, it's beyond me how in Gods name any organisation can award themselves an 'Anthem' ! We'll all be expected to stand still for a minute in Waitrose, when they decide to play a John Lewis Anthem every day. Has Gus announced the arrival of his new Anthem yet, I'm sure he'll think he deserves one! :cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't but what other country has lower divisions as strong and well supported as ours? European football is still seen 2nd to league football in this country. You've only got to see the starting line-ups our English clubs are putting out in Europe to believe that.

No other country in the world has anywhere near 92 professional clubs across 4 divisions, attracting the kind of support ours do. But whats that got to do with the Champions League ? It certainly wouldn't "die a death" without the presence of the PL clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here