Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City fined £50m for FFP

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
....and FFP was brought in to appease the established clubs and prevent them breaking away to form their own league.
As I said, I realise that's your take on it, and I didn't say otherwise. I'm just pointing out that it's not me that's endorsing it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The one really unfair rule I would ban...is the one that rewards failure....Parachute payments when relegated...unfair and unjust on teams striving forpromotion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
By taking that approach you are effectively endorsing the likes of United, Barcelona and Real being uncatchable in perpetuity. There's no more wrong in PSG, City or Chelsea's owners bankrolling their clubs than a bunch of sadsacks in Guildford and Singapore buying Jonny Evans duvet covers and financing the club that way.

If genuine financial fair play is the aim, give each team a common wage limit, and they can compete on a level playing field.

Anyone who falls for the line that FFP was introduced for the good of the game will also believe that the 2022 World Cup was awarded to Qatar for footballing reasons, and that the likes of Zidane and Ferguson endorsed it because it was good for players.

Agree but I think the aims (and motivations) of FFP are quite different in the lower leagues.

Perpetual success in a term I've used in relation to the Champions League for years including on here.

It's like the winner of the 100 metres a 10 metre start the next.

I'll only be happy when a playoff element is introduced to qualification. This would be a start and a good one at that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agree but I think the aims (and motivations) of FFP are quite different in the lower leagues.

Perpetual success in a term I've used in relation to the Champions League for years including on here.

It's like the winner of the 100 metres a 10 metre start the next.

I'll only be happy when a playoff element is introduced to qualification. This would be a start and a good one at that.

Agree with you broadly in relation to the lower leagues, the rules there are a wage/revenue ratio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here