Man City Fans (some) refuse to pay £62 for this Sundays match at the Emirates v Arsenal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was going to make a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment about the higher prices, as for our FA Cup game against Newcastle, sorting out the 'customers' (who are influenced by price) from the 'fans' (who attend whatever), but I realise that that would have been even more unfair than I intended it to be! .

I suppose the problem would be the conclusion that the tourists (who pay regardless of price) are the 'fans' and the season ticket holders and other regulars who may baulk at some of the prices being the 'customers'.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Granted, Macroblue, but even London will have a ceiling on prices. We're not the only ones in a recession so, for example, people already shelling out for a break in London will not necessarily be able to afford or stomach such prices on top of what they're already paying to come here. Eventually, the prices will pass a point at which they mean empty seats, even at Arsenal - even to the tourists, how many could they realistically expect to sell at £100 for, for example, Wigan on a Tuesday night? Man City's fans may just be in the vanguard of a fan response that will become more and more common.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Man City are at Loftus Road at the end of January and have only taken the top tier of the away end. Tickets for the lower tier now on sale to QPR fans for a mere £50 which comes a few weeks after Spurs at £48 and a few weeks before Man U which I'm sure will be there or thereabouts. In between we've got Norwich at £28. Add on the cost of travel, food and drink and I'd be spending more on football than I do on my mortgage.

Perhaps the tide is turning.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Man City are at Loftus Road at the end of January and have only taken the top tier of the away end. Tickets for the lower tier now on sale to QPR fans for a mere £50 which comes a few weeks after Spurs at £48 and a few weeks before Man U which I'm sure will be there or thereabouts. In between we've got Norwich at £28. Add on the cost of travel, food and drink and I'd be spending more on football than I do on my mortgage.

You are not alone mate! I really fear that the matchday ticket price could ( if not already ) spiral out of control..

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

You are not alone mate! I really fear that the matchday ticket price could ( if not already ) spiral out of control..

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Helped by the amazing Amex, I've more or less given up away games. Great days out but really the whole day package of food, travel, drink & match is something I couldn't really justify.

DanielT

Did anyone just hear what one of the officials said as he shook hands with Lescott? i only heard a bit of it. i think the lino said "...paid £62 quid for that, go and ..."

Edit: just found out! "go and say thanks to them (their fans) they paid £62 quid for that."

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought Ipswich away was pricey!

Let's not confuse things...it was!

Hence why I gave it a miss this season having gone on that boiling hot October day last season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Financial fair play can't come soon enough but I'm very afraid that it will be simply be paid for by us.

Wages have to come down to something realistic. We all know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with pies.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Financial fair play can't come soon enough but I'm very afraid that it will be simply be paid for by us.

Wages have to come down to something realistic. We all know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with pies.

What am I missing, what is the problem if it's not wages?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hmm have they complained about the amount they pay for and to their players? No, thought not. Their club is one of the reasons footballers are paid so much and why clubs have to charge a fortune for tickets. Trying to keep up with Man U, City and Chelsea without unlimited funding inevitably leads to higher ticket prices.

This, the hypocrisy deafening.

The whole thing needs sorting out from top to bottom, hopefully the financial fair play stuff with regulate wages and eventually reduce ticket prices (I assume their will be a hike before wages are reduced though.)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not really. If footballers were not paid such a ridiculous wage for kicking a ball around then the entire cost of tickets could be lowered across the leagues.

Especially if the figures were not skewed by super rich billionaires paying way over the odds and forcing all the other clubs to play catch up. The fact that a massive club like Arsenal are struggling to compete with wage demands should IMHO cause alarm bells to ring!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports