Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malcolm Tucker as Doctor Who?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I haven't watched the programme since DT left it, but I will certainly be tuning in to see the marvelous Mr Capaldi take on the role. :clap2:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The problem with Capaldi is that he has already appeared prominently 'in-universe' in Torchwood as John Frobisher (in which he gave one of the best performances I have seen for a long time) and before that in Doctor Who itself in the 4th series. While I think he would be a great Doctor I think he has unfortunately been ruled out due to these previous roles.

I'm feeling a bit silly now :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Chris Hardwick ‏@nerdist 23m
We should have seen it coming. Peter Capaldi played "W.H.O. Doctor" in World War Z...

The problem with Capaldi is that he has already appeared prominently 'in-universe' in Torchwood as John Frobisher (in which he gave one of the best performances I have seen for a long time) and before that in Doctor Who itself in the 4th series. While I think he would be a great Doctor I think he has unfortunately been ruled out due to these previous roles.

If that was the case Nicholas Courtney (The Brigadier), Colin Baker, Freema Agyeman & Karen Gillan would never have got their leading parts in the series. Bernard Cribbins too if you want to count the Peter Cushing movies in too.

Doctor Who has a long history of people appearing in minor roles for one episode & then casting them in a major role further down the line with no issue. Looking forward to it as love Capaldi as Tucker!!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
An incoherent sweaty effing and blinding at a dalek. He should play it with a serious scottish chip on his shoulder. Comedy Gold.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
F**k the f**k off you giant robotic dildo. F**kety bye.

BQ2Ez0ICEAEebyl.png

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
He's been in 'Doctor Who' itself ('The Fires of Pompeii') but it doesn't seem to have ruled him out (and at least a couple of recent assistants have been in previous episodes in walk-on parts).

And Karen Gillan played a soothsayer in that same episode, yet went on to be a companion for years. It all seems to revolve around Pompeii......

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Capaldi will be f@@$ing excellent as long as he can hold his tongue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here