Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malcolm Tucker as Doctor Who?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I believe that Steven Moffat has said that the next doctor will be slightly older - hence so much speculation around Capaldi. There's been a bit of run of younger actors playing the role, perhaps it's time to return to older doctors. Of course, Moffat could be try to lay a false trail.

I think Capaldi would be an inspired choice; he's a fine actor and by all accounts a massive Dr Who fan. Really don't know much about Daniel Rigby (the BT ad guy), who's also up there in the betting, except that he'd another younger doctor.

The other names in the betting are Idris Elba (really can't see that) and Ben Daniels, who'd be another good choice. Other names mentioned - Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear and Russell Tovey - have already ruled themselves out (unless that's another smokescreen). Capaldi and Rigby have come from nowhere to head up the betting though - just like Matt Smith did last time.

I'd love it be an older guy, it would change the dynamic of the show a bit - there wasn't enough differentiation between Tennant and Smith for my liking.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bookies have, apparently, stopped taking bets on this now as they are so sure that Capaldi has got it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Capaldi would be an excellent Doctor and would give the show a whole new dynamic which it needs. He's an excellent actor with presence although I suspect it may not end up being him - last time all bets were off on Patterson Joseph being named the new Who until Matt Smith suddenly appeared in the running in the last couple of hours.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Capaldi is an actor. he is not actually Malcom Tucker. he will play what the script writers and directors give him, with a bit his own spin. i dont think it would be a bad idea, raise the age profile a bit to the earlier Dr Who, probably see a less action more thoughtfull Dr.

So we can't expect to hear the Doctor screaming 'Hey daleks, come the **** in or **** the **** off, you massive gay shites"? Most disappointing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Worthing lots of us are hoping it's a typo and is meant to read ex councillor Maurice Tucker as the new Dr. Who . Now that would be fun.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kinda hope it's Capaldi. Would bring an interesting direction to the role.

On a side note, I keep hearing that a male Doctor would be "a disappointment to those who want a female Doctor". Does anyone know anyone who wants a female Doctor?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Kinda hope it's Capaldi. Would bring an interesting direction to the role.

On a side note, I keep hearing that a male Doctor would be "a disappointment to those who want a female Doctor". Does anyone know anyone who wants a female Doctor?

Harriet Harman will probably write a letter to the BBC if it isn't!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The problem with Capaldi is that he has already appeared prominently 'in-universe' in Torchwood as John Frobisher (in which he gave one of the best performances I have seen for a long time) and before that in Doctor Who itself in the 4th series. While I think he would be a great Doctor I think he has unfortunately been ruled out due to these previous roles.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The problem with Capaldi is that he has already appeared prominently 'in-universe' in Torchwood as John Frobisher (in which he gave one of the best performances I have seen for a long time) and before that in Doctor Who itself in the 4th series. While I think he would be a great Doctor I think he has unfortunately been ruled out due to these previous roles.

It didn't rule out Colin Baker, who appeared in an episode of Dr Who a couple of years before becoming the sixth doctor

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Den Of Geek ‏@denofgeek 6m
So then: running favourites now seem to be Aneurin Barnard or Daniel Rigby. We'll know soon.. #DoctorWho

5491149201_9c1e614bf5_z.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2902567/
Richard, Duke of Gloucester in 'The White Queen'

news_daniel_rigby.png

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2288047/
The BT guy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They really are dragging this out for all its worth.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm genuinely surprised, and quite happy.
Same here. will be interesting to see how he plays the character (and I'm no 'The Thick of It' fan).

He's been in 'Doctor Who' itself ('The Fires of Pompeii') but it doesn't seem to have ruled him out (and at least a couple of recent assistants have been in previous episodes in walk-on parts).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here