Malaysian airline crash

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
USA shot down an Iranian airliner..with an ship-borne anti aircraft missile...over Iran..when there wasnt even a war... and not sure they even apologised.

Why should they they did nothing wrong.....

They never when they kill our boys in "friendly fire"..... what an absurd thing to call a feck up....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'As of 1993, the United States had not apologized to Iran In 1996, the United States and Iran reached "an agreement in full and final settlement of all disputes, differences, claims, '

You would think they would have been big enough to have at least apologised.

Maybe they did in some legalize document

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be fair, the U.S. did admit it immediately I believe.

When Ukraine did it, they initially denied it.

When Russia did it, the U.S. fabricated evidence that it was deliberate when it wasn't.

I have no idea how the scores above add up, but them is the facts.

Where are the links to this fabricated evidence then? Also, it took the Russians 8 years to hand over the flight recorders, at least this time the 'rebels' didn't take quiet so long!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Where are the links to this fabricated evidence then? Also, it took the Russians 8 years to hand over the flight recorders, at least this time the 'rebels' didn't take quiet so long!

-

U.S. intelligence also knew from sensitive intercepts that the tragedy had resulted from a blunder, not from a willful act of murder...

...On Sept. 6, 1983, the Reagan administration went so far as to present a doctored transcript of the intercepts to the United Nations Security Council...

...Snyder had a job to do: producing the video that his superiors wanted. “The perception we wanted to convey was that the Soviet Union had cold-bloodedly carried out a barbaric act,” Snyder wrote.

[Quotes are from Alvin A. Snyder, then-director of the U.S. Information Agency’s television and film division, in his 1995 book, Warriors of Disinformation.]

Quoted from this article by Ray McGovern, former CIA Analyst.

consortiumnews.com/2014/07/18/facts-needed-on-malaysian-plane-shoot-down/

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Just to give some insight into the setting up of the new government in Ukraine, here is a transcript of part of a telephone intercept.

The conversation is between U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for EU affairs Victoria Nuland, and the US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt.

Nuland: "I don't think Klitsch should go into the government. I don't think it's necessary, I don't think it's a good idea."

Pyatt: "Yeah. I guess... in terms of him not going into the government, just let him stay out and do his political homework and stuff. I'm just thinking in terms of sort of the process moving ahead we want to keep the moderate democrats together. The problem is going to be Tyahnybok [Oleh Tyahnybok, the other opposition leader] and his guys and I'm sure that's part of what [President Viktor] Yanukovych is calculating on all this."

Nuland: "I think Yats is the guy who's got the economic experience, the governing experience. He's the... what he needs is Klitsch and Tyahnybok on the outside. He needs to be talking to them four times a week, you know. I just think Klitsch going in... he's going to be at that level working for Yatseniuk, it's just not going to work."

Pyatt: "Yeah, no, I think that's right. OK. Good. Do you want us to set up a call with him as the next step?"

The whole thing is here:

BBC coverage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26079957

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
It is surprising to see how little changes in history. Stalin had his useful idiots in the West, and Putin has his own too.

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people fall for Russian propaganda lies.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
'As of 1993, the United States had not apologized to Iran In 1996, the United States and Iran reached "an agreement in full and final settlement of all disputes, differences, claims, '

You would think they would have been big enough to have at least apologised.

Maybe they did in some legalize document
They didnt apologise no, but they did admit it, and paid $200k per passenger in compensation, plus made a series of other concessions.... a little different to the 'Reds', trying to weasle their way out of it by restricting access until a clean up has occurred, and you watch the 'black boxes'..... I wouldnt put it past them to have somehow obliterated the recordings, or parts of it at least.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
It is surprising to see how little changes in history. Stalin had his useful idiots in the West, and Putin has his own too.

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people fall for Russian propaganda lies.

Just as the same as the US propaganda lies , I don't fall for any side I just look at both sides of the argument and decide for myself , which many people don't.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
They didnt apologise no, but they did admit it, and paid $200k per passenger in compensation, plus made a series of other concessions.... a little different to the 'Reds', trying to weasle their way out of it by restricting access until a clean up has occurred, and you watch the 'black boxes'..... I wouldnt put it past them to have somehow obliterated the recordings, or parts of it at least.

I think they were waiting for the Malaysian people to turn up which is right because it is their aeroplane and their property , I am not sure they would trust the US or Ukraine . Hope we get a fair assessment of what happened now they are coming to the UK , without US interference .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Nobody has offered an apology for Itavia Flight 870 nor offered compensation to the victims.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/jul/21/worlddispatch.italy

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nobody has offered an apology for Itavia Flight 870 nor offered compensation to the victims.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/jul/21/worlddispatch.italy

"In his 5,488 page report, Mr Priore said he could not say for sure who had caused the deaths of the 81 people on board but he said that his investigation and previous investigations into the tragedy had been deliberately obstructed by the Italian military and members of the secret service, who had complied with requests from NATO to cover up the tragedy."

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I think they were waiting for the Malaysian people to turn up which is right because it is their aeroplane and their property , I am not sure they would trust the US or Ukraine . Hope we get a fair assessment of what happened now they are coming to the UK , without US interference .

Representatives from the Malaysian Airline and Malaysian government were in Ukraine within hours of the crash

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But the Russian interference is ok then is it?... especially as it all happened in the Ukraine.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Representatives from the Malaysian Airline and Malaysian government were in Ukraine within hours of the crash

Do you have a source for that, because it's also being reported that they only arrived yesterday.

""Twelve aviation experts from Malaysia have safely arrived in Donetsk," Andrey Kavtaradze, a member of the DNR Security Council, said on Monday."

http://rt.com/news/174444-malaysian-experts-ukraine-crash/

I'm happy to take a look at another source which says something else?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I believe it was about 12 hours, reported by BBC on radio, I will try and find a link. The fact is the black boxes should never have been moved by anyone else but the investigators, no reason for the Russian rebels to even touch them.
With everything posted in this thread I would have thought we can get along without quoting RT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports