Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major Tim Peake - Sussex's First Astronaut

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
8 minutes to get into orbit, hours before docking with the space station 250 miles away. NASA or NSC may explain this at some point.

Then doing a few tests with mice and plants for 6 months to see how gravity works on this.

Exciting stuff

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of talk on 5Live about kids wanting to become astronauts after todays events, I hope they are made to watch Gravity before they choose their career path.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then doing a few tests with mice and plants for 6 months to see how gravity works on this.

I'm guessing the mice will just float about?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ground control to Major Tim.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A great achievement and full praise to him but I am not that interested as I shall never see Mars as a holiday resort and anything other than a bar of chocolate. Having said that I have never been interested in space travel even during the days of Yuri Gagarin good luck to those that are.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A great achievement and full praise to him but I am not that interested as I shall never see Mars as a holiday resort and anything other than a bar of chocolate. Having said that I have never been interested in space travel even during the days of Yuri Gagarin good luck to those that are.
I am more interested in the rovers sent to mars, the voyager space crafts, Huygens probe landing on titon, and even the recent pluto photos sent recently at the edge of the solar system. But good luck to the guy anyway, seems like an interesting holiday.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am more interested in the rovers sent to mars, the voyager space crafts, Huygens probe landing on titon, and even the recent pluto photos sent recently at the edge of the solar system. But good luck to the guy anyway, seems like an interesting holiday.[/QUOT

No, no holiday. Work most of the time. Free time once a week. He just has a better work 'view' than you or I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here