Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major Tim Peake - Sussex's First Astronaut

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have to say that the whole thing leaves me cold.. The ISS has been there for years, it is no big deal - not ground breaking.. So what if he is British ? Why should that matter. Thanks to this thread I know now that Piers Sellers did much more anyway..

Good luck to the guy if he gets to ride and fulfils his dream, but I would rather do many things

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I have to say that the whole thing leaves me cold.. The ISS has been there for years, it is no big deal - not ground breaking.. So what if he is British ? Why should that matter. Thanks to this thread I know now that Piers Sellers did much more anyway..

Good luck to the guy if he gets to ride and fulfils his dream, but I would rather do many things

So those "many things" don't include seeing Earth from space, experiencing weightlessness and watching the Universe?

Good to hear that Sussex is the astronaut capital of the UK, clearly we need our own space programme???

Oh, and will they find the ball from that Ulloa penalty?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

he's probably jealous of your job, to.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Was momentarily confused when I heard a rocket was being fired towards ISS (Syria or Iraq?).

Congrats to Tim Peakes. Sadly we take these events for granted now. Each successful launch is a tiny step forward in mankind's exploration of space and is vital for the forward progression and long term survival of humanity!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't forget all the benefits that we have as a result of space technology, such as satellite tv, mobile phone technology, gps, smoke detectors, memory foam, etc etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mr Grumpy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will this be on iplayer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron