Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major incident in Newhaven

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's quite telling how those that want 'this' so quickly lose sight of what bought them to the table, in order to play their favourite yet completely unwinnable 'game', again.

Somewhat unedifying for all concerned.
I gather (from an American woman taking her dog across on the midnight crossing before the Marseille game) that the Newhaven-Dieppe ferry is the only crossing that you're allowed to go across without either a car or a cabin booked.
Thus presumably it's the easiest to go on with a bike (hence me replying to you specifically).
But to give some context for this story, it costs £31 to get the ferry from Dieppe to Newhaven as a foot passenger.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sorry, no that's not the Internationally agreed process, you have been misinformed. If I get time tomorrow I'll go through the whole thing :thumbsup:
Cool. Please do.

However, why are they fleeing France ? Or is France not safe ?

If France turned down their application, surely it reasonable to make the grounds for that decision part of the evidence used to assess their UK application ?

Obviously if the boat came directly from, say, the middle east, then France is out of the equation.

And if they bypassed applying in France... then why ? Is it dangerous there?

Give them the best British health care for free. When they are fit, send them back to France and take it from there. Let them apply for UK asylum from their French base. I don't think this is difficult tbh.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The EU also does not process asylum claims unless the claimant is within the borders of the EU, as explained in this document.

I sort of assumed that you were aware we are not part of the EU and what they do isn't relevant :shrug:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To be fair, he has never shown any anti-semitic traits. He just sticks to islamophobic slurs with absolutely no evidence whatsoever :shrug:

For which his 'evidence' is a link which says that something less than 40 of the 300 detained on the Libby Stockholm are partaking in Christian 'practices'. Of course, it would never occur to him that some asylum seekers may actually be christian :facepalm: And that the reason Abdul Ezedi got granted asylum has never been made public. But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

And the best bit is you know he's not a practising Christian, but a fully qualified islamophobe :lolol:
and here we are again with the personal insults.
The 40 asylum seekers referenced have gone through a process of converting to Christianity after arriving at the Libby Stockholm. They were not practising Christians before arrivals.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
and here we are again with the personal insults.
The 40 asylum seekers referenced have gone through a process of converting to Christianity after arriving at the Libby Stockholm. They were not practising Christians before arrivals.
Source ?

It's just that this source you used earlier https://www.christianpost.com/news/are-migrants-faking-christian-conversion-to-stay-in-uk.html says less than 40 are partaking in Christian practices. Absolutely nothing about 'converting'. Not even in the numerous Suella Braverman quotes :shrug:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sorry, no that's not the Internationally agreed process, you have been misinformed. If I get time tomorrow I'll go through the whole thing :thumbsup:
The attached document explains the EU regulations. Although the extraterratorial processing of EU asylum claimants has been discussed it has not been implemented. A migrant wishing to claim asylum in the EU can only do so from within the EU. Similarly, a migrant wishing to claim asylum in the UK can only do so within the borders of the UK

Attachments

• EPRS_BRI(2024)757609_EN (1).pdf
    567.2 KB · Views: 77

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Source ?

It's just that this source you used earlier https://www.christianpost.com/news/are-migrants-faking-christian-conversion-to-stay-in-uk.html says less than 40 are partaking in Christian practices. Absolutely nothing about 'converting'. Not even in the numerous Suella Braverman quotes :shrug:
Share Message - Bibby Stockholm: Government to investigate migrants' baptisms

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The attached document explains the EU regulations. Although the extraterratorial processing of EU asylum claimants has been discussed it has not been implemented. A migrant wishing to claim asylum in the EU can only do so from within the EU. Similarly, a migrant wishing to claim asylum in the UK can only do so within the borders of the UK

We decided to stop applications from abroad while were still in the EU and now we're not.

As a signatory to the 1951 Refugee Convention, the UK fully considers all asylum applications lodged in the UK. However, the UK’s international obligations under the Convention do not extend to the consideration of asylum applications lodged abroad and there is no provision in our Immigration Rules for someone abroad to be given permission to travel to the UK to seek asylum. The policy guidance on the discretionary referral to the UK Border Agency of applications for asylum by individuals in a third country who have not been recognised as refugees by another country or by the UNHCR under its mandate, has been withdrawn. No applications will be considered by a UK visa-issuing post or by the UK Border Agency pending a review of the policy and guidance.

20 September 2011

You wittering on and on about it is about as relevant as Muslims 'converting' to Christianity is to the 6 poor sods at Newhaven :shrug:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I sort of assumed that you were aware we are not part of the EU and what they do isn't relevant :shrug:
I am pointing out that the EU has essentially the same rules regarding the claiming of asylum as the UK does. You can only claim asylum from within the borders of the territory. I'm sure you understood the point. The UK is not unique in refusing to process extraterritorial asylum claims. The EU has the same rule.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Share Message - Bibby Stockholm: Government to investigate migrants' baptisms
It follows claims from a Weymouth church that Muslim men living on board the Bibby Stockholm barge, which is moored off Portland in Dorset, were preparing for Christian baptism. Sussex MP Tim Loughton raised the issue in Parliament on Wednesday.

You know what the highlighted word means ?

Weymouth Baptist Church insisted the requests for baptism were genuine. He added some of the men said they were Christians in their home country while others had completed the 10-week Alpha course in the UK, which is an evangelical programme run by local churches.

Do you ever read any of the links before you post them. Of 300 on the Bibby Stockholm 6 have coverted :facepalm:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We decided to stop applications from abroad while were still in the EU and now we're not.

As a signatory to the 1951 Refugee Convention, the UK fully considers all asylum applications lodged in the UK. However, the UK’s international obligations under the Convention do not extend to the consideration of asylum applications lodged abroad and there is no provision in our Immigration Rules for someone abroad to be given permission to travel to the UK to seek asylum. The policy guidance on the discretionary referral to the UK Border Agency of applications for asylum by individuals in a third country who have not been recognised as refugees by another country or by the UNHCR under its mandate, has been withdrawn. No applications will be considered by a UK visa-issuing post or by the UK Border Agency pending a review of the policy and guidance.

20 September 2011

You wittering on and on about it is about as relevant as Muslims 'converting' to Christianity is to the 6 poor sods at Newhaven :shrug:
You just can't help yourself with personal insults and derogatory comments.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It follows claims from a Weymouth church that Muslim men living on board the Bibby Stockholm barge, which is moored off Portland in Dorset, were preparing for Christian baptism.
Sussex MP Tim Loughton raised the issue in Parliament on Wednesday.

He added some of the men said they were Christians in their home country while others had completed the 10-week Alpha course in the UK, which is an evangelical programme run by local churches.

Do you ever read any of the links before you post them :facepalm:
Yes I read it. Is the church lying about the conversions?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes I read it. Is the church lying about the conversions?
Are they ?

Weymouth Baptist Church insisted the requests for baptism were genuine.

It's you source FFS. I'm afraid you have exceeded my idiocy/islamophobia limit :bigwave:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It follows claims from a Weymouth church that Muslim men living on board the Bibby Stockholm barge, which is moored off Portland in Dorset, were preparing for Christian baptism. Sussex MP Tim Loughton raised the issue in Parliament on Wednesday.

Weymouth Baptist Church insisted the requests for baptism were genuine. He added some of the men said they were Christians in their home country while others had completed the 10-week Alpha course in the UK, which is an evangelical programme run by local churches.

Do you ever read any of the links before you post them. Of 300 on the Bibby Stockholm 6 have coverted :facepalm:
40 in total going through the process of which 6 have already been baptised.
I'm tired of your insulting, bullying, unpleasant behaviour (which has been remarked upon and warned about in the past) so I'll withdraw from the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here