Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major incident in Newhaven

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All believed to be alive. Though, this is from Teh Arsegas so pinch of salt etc

Emergency services are responding to an incident at Newhaven ferry port this afternoon.

Witnesses say people were taken from the back of the cross-Channel freezer lorry. Some people found are being treated by paramedics.

Witnesses earlier said bodies had been seen but The Argus can now confirm the people are all believed to have been found alive.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Emergency services are responding to an incident at Newhaven ferry port this afternoon.

Witnesses say people were taken from the back of the cross-Channel freezer lorry. Some people found are being treated by paramedics.

Witnesses earlier said bodies had been seen but The Argus can now confirm the people are all believed to have been found alive.
Let's hope no one has died at least then

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

That's good then , we should be able to send them back :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's good then , we should be able to send them back :thumbsup:
Once the take a look at Newhaven I’m sure they’ll head back on their own accord. Poor souls.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Not the first thought I’d have after hearing that desperate people have been found risking life and limb to reach safety.
Quite, I can't imagine how desperate you'd have to be to voluntarily get locked inside a freezer for 8+ hours.

I can think of people who I would lock in a freezer for 8+ hours
Just how lawless is France these days?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Sense of humour failure by the easily offended.
Really? We're talking about people who were desperate enough to put their lives at risk. For me, life and death matters are not for joking around. None of us know who they are or why they did it, so IMO making jokes at their expense is not what anyone should be doing.

That's not being easily offended. It's called "empathy".

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I was going through Newhaven on the train at about 1020 this morning and there were loads of OB, Search and Rescue and a few ambulances waiting for the incoming ferry. There were a lot still there at 1pm when I was returning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here