[News] Major incident in Newhaven

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have no doubts it’s a complex issue which people feel passionately about, but certain aspects require clarity. Immigration has winners and losers, the losers will ALWAYS be the working class. It’s a UNDENIABLE fact, it was a fact when Empire Windrush docked in Tilbury in the 50s and it held true when Labour estimated only 15,000 Poles would arrive when that country joined the EU in the noughties. We are now running at. around 700k legal and illegal immigrants a year, and still people want to pretend this situation has no affect on the working class.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/97...-labour-got-the-numbers-wrong-on-eu-migrants/

It’s the same principle that applied by being in the EU, it f***ed over the working class. It’s why the middling classes and establishment shills can’t accept Brexit, and hence the working class are held in utter contempt. Thats also why the establishment has changed nothing since Brexit. The British working class continue to pay taxes to an organisation that hands their money over to foreigners. Plus ca change as they say.

When I read that about the Ford factory in Southampton, that was years ago. It’s about two miles away from where I live. That story was dated 2012 - 12 years ago. And it was FORD who decided to move their production to Turkey, not the EU, several years before the word BREXIT had even entered the language, quite possibly. The loan will have helped the working class in Turkey.

and there are plenty of places where EU Finance helped the working classes in the UK. It’s mainly Conservative Governments from Thatcher onwards who have screwed the Working Classes - viz the closure of the coal mines and the failure to do anything major to regenerate some of the places most affected - County Durham, South Wales in particular being two places we know quite well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There were Brits who thought the Jews shouldn’t have come here in WW2 at the time. Called them scroungers and other vile things.

It’s a real shame to see this attitude is still present almost a century later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good point. Minimal lawlessness there.

Once these immigrants are well enough to travel, then send them back to safe France and ( if they want ) they can fill in the immigration application there.
I suspect that being smuggled in an airtight refrigeration truck by people smugglers would tend to indicate they may be seeking asylum, and this Government has made it illegal to claim asylum from outside Britain (as I'm sure you know). And we wouldn't want to encourage people to break the law would we :smile:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There were Brits who thought the Jews shouldn’t have come here in WW2 at the time. Called them scroungers and other vile things.

It’s a real shame to see this attitude is still present almost a century later.
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good point. Minimal lawlessness there.

Once these immigrants are well enough to travel, then send them back to safe France and ( if they want ) they can fill in the immigration application there.
Maybe this is the ruse? They land in Newhaven, then return to France claiming asylum from the UK? Any French immigration official with the slightest of compassion would look at the state of the UK and let them in.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I suspect that being smuggled in an airtight refrigeration truck by people smugglers would tend to indicate they may be seeking asylum, and this Government has made it illegal to claim asylum from outside Britain (as I'm sure you know). And we wouldn't want to encourage people to break the law would we :smile:
How can they claim asylum if coming from France ?

Why not claim asylum in France ? Isn't that the internationally agreed process ?

I have every sympathy with those fleeing from dangerous countries.

Equally, I have no sympathy with those "fleeing" France.

Seriously - why haven't they claimed asylum in France ?

Has France turned them down ? If so, on what evidence did France make that decision ? Can UK immigration be made aware of the grounds for French refusal and then make a judgement from there ? :shrug:

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
To be fair, as any conversation grows longer, the probability of any comparison Nazi related or not approaches 1.
Godwin was clearly a FRAUD with no understanding of statistics or probability.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
But it was you who mentioned Hitler and the Nazis in your post #205.

You yourself fulfilled Godwin's law and are trying to use it against someone, to whom it does not apply.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is just Huygens theorem in different words.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That’s okay. That’s what you’re here for 👍

To be fair, he has never shown any anti-semitic traits. He just sticks to islamophobic slurs with absolutely no evidence whatsoever :shrug:

Yes, we've heard all that before, including the ones that convert to Christianity.

Yes, I keep on hearing this story. Economic migrant sneaks into the UK, claims asylum, converts to Christianity, awarded asylum, gets free accommodation and living expenses, job's a good'un, rinse and repeat.

40 housed on the Bibby Stockhom have "converted to Christianity". It's an asylum seeker scam.

Ah, here we go again. Anyone who posts a comment not 100% in line with your opinion is characterised as a racist, a xenophobe and an islamaphobe. I didn't vote leave. I don't agree that Muslim asylum seekers should be granted asylum because they have supposedly converted to Christianity. It's a scam.

Do you honestly believe Abdul Ezedi !nd the 40 "converts" on the Bibby Stockholm are guenuine converts to Christianity? Ezedi had 2 asylum application refused, was convicted of a sex crime, then "converted" to Christianity and had his third application approved. Yet his friends in Newcastle confirmed he was still apractising Muslim after his "conversion". They are gaming the system.

You can say that but the evidence is clear that a number of asylum seekers are converting to Christianity because they believe it will help them get granted asylum, as evidenced by Abdul Ezedi who was granted asylum on his third attempt after converting.

Why do you say "they" cannot win? If you are referring to asylum seekers then it has been stated many times that 80% of them are granted asylum. I would suggest that some asylum seekers e.g. 40 on the Libby Stockholm, believe that their claims will be looked on more favourably if they "convert to Christianity".
The Internet and global news services enable me to access UK news, and information. I'm not in an ivory tower in a far-flung corner of the world. Why have you resorted to denigrating my living arrangements?

The same @WATFORD zero who accused me of being g racist, xenophobic and islamaphobic because I posted information about asylum seekers going through a process of conversion to Christianity in large numbers and, consequently, receiving help from the Church in their asylum applications?

If you believe that Abdul Ezedi and the 40 asylum seekers on the Libby Stockholm have genuinely all had a religious epiphany and converted to Christianity there is no hope for you.

For which his 'evidence' is a link which says that something less than 40 of the 300 detained on the Libby Stockholm are partaking in Christian 'practices'. Of course, it would never occur to him that some asylum seekers may actually be christian :facepalm: And that the reason Abdul Ezedi got granted asylum has never been made public. But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

And the best bit is you know he's not a practising Christian, but a fully qualified islamophobe :lolol:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is just a deeply unpleasant thread all round . Remember kiddies, punching down isn't funny.
It's quite telling how those that want 'this' so quickly lose sight of what bought them to the table, in order to play their favourite yet completely unwinnable 'game', again.

Somewhat unedifying for all concerned.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How can they claim asylum if coming from France ?

Why not claim asylum in France ? Isn't that the internationally agreed process ?

I have every sympathy with those fleeing from dangerous countries.

Equally, I have no sympathy with those "fleeing" France.

Sorry, no that's not the Internationally agreed process, you have been misinformed. If I get time tomorrow I'll go through the whole thing :thumbsup:

Reactions: A1X

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The EU also does not process asylum claims unless the claimant is within the borders of the EU, as explained in this document.

Attachments

• EPRS_BRI(2024)757609_EN (1).pdf
    567.2 KB · Views: 81

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports