Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major incident in Newhaven

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you believe that Abdul Ezedi and the 40 asylum seekers on the Libby Stockholm have genuinely all had a religious epiphany and converted to Christianity there is no hope for you.
Of course they aren’t genuine, f**k me I wasn’t born yesterday. That isn’t remotely the point. The loophole was created by racists demanding immigrants “integrate”. Can you not see the irony?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Quoting the Telegraph owned by the tax avoiding Barclay twins isn’t quite the gotcha you think it is. They even fell out with each other before David’s death three years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even worse. As a practising Christian, I would take their published articles with a pinch of salt. It’s almost American in its right wing stance.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s obviously not a prerequisite for asylum. The point I think is that there have been some well publicised cases where a conversion to Christianity has been cited as grounds for asylum ie that if they’re returned to their home country they will be persecuted or even killed. The Afghani guy who attacked the mother and children with a corrosive substance is the most recent high-profile one.

You are correct that he was granted asylum after converting to Christianity, but not as a result of converting to Christianity :thumbsup:

Clapham chemical attack: how did suspect gain asylum after sex offences?​

There is a lot that is not know about Ezedi’s case, for example: the details of his offences, the sentencing judge’s decision making, the grounds on which Ezedi launched his appeal, the grounds on which a judge ultimately granted refugee status.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...x-offender-suspect-abdul-ezedi-granted-asylum

It's interesting how the thread has got to here as a result of 6 people of whom we don't know their nationality, origin, sex or religion getting hospitalised :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The same @WATFORD zero who accused me of being g racist, xenophobic and islamaphobic because I posted information about asylum seekers going through a process of conversion to Christianity in large numbers and, consequently, receiving help from the Church in their asylum applications?

Maybe you would like to show me where I accused you of being racist or xenophobic ? And to repeat, It's interesting how the thread has turned into some heated rant about Muslims changing religions as a result of 6 people of whom we don't know their nationality, origin, sex or religion getting hospitalised in Newhaven yesterday.

I wonder how that happened ???

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It seems that the anger from the absolute failure of Vote Leave 'Taking Back Control' and the Rwanda plan is causing the racists, xenophobes and Islamophobic to publish their actual views on this thread. Who would have guessed :lolol:

You have already shot yourself in both feet, where are you aiming for next :facepalm:
This is your post where you accused me of being racist, xenophobic and islamaphobic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Try quoting The Guardian ..it’s 100% reliable and it’ll never be questioned lol 😏
And, despite it's headline to catch the gullible, the Daily Mail is very careful to not say it's the reason he was granted asylum as well, so they can't be sued.

The convicted sex offender who used Christianity to remain in the UK: Chemical attack fugitive Abdul Ezedi was granted asylum after claiming he'd converted religion - as manhunt for Clapham suspect enters day three​

He was granted the right to stay in the UK on his third application in either 2020 or 2021, after a priest vouched that he had converted to Christianity. He was handed a suspended sentence for the offence years earlier in 2018.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...offender-maimed-woman-two-young-children.html

They're not even sure when it was granted, let alone the basis for it :wink:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Maybe you would like to show me where I accused you of being racist or xenophobic ? And to repeat, It's interesting how the thread has turned into some heated rant about Muslims changing religions as a result of 6 people of whom we don't know their nationality, origin, sex or religion getting hospitalised in Newhaven yesterday.

I wonder how that happened ???
Heated rant? You are the one throwing personal insults. I have posted comments and news reports without hyperbole.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And, despite it's headline to catch the gullible, the Daily Mail is very careful to not say it's the reason he was granted asylum as well, so they can't be sued :wink:

The convicted sex offender who used Christianity to remain in the UK: Chemical attack fugitive Abdul Ezedi was granted asylum after claiming he'd converted religion - as manhunt for Clapham suspect enters day three​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...offender-maimed-woman-two-young-children.html
Don’t read the DM so not sure why you’ve quoted that to me ..I was making a general comment..in a light hearted way as an observation…I don’t get involved in this ‘stuff’ 😏

Having said all that I think you are being light hearted with me 👍

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don’t read the DM so not sure why you’ve quoted that to me ..I was making a general comment..in a light hearted way as an observation…I don’t get involved in this ‘stuff’ 😏

Do you read the Guardian? 😂😂😂😂

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I didn't think you did, I'm just trying to demonstrate how balanced I am :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Heated rant? You are the one throwing personal insults. I have posted comments and news reports without hyperbole.

And without any relevance to the six people hospitalised in Newhaven, the actual subject of the thread :facepalm:

He quoted my post directly above his comments. Look at his original post and you will see my quoted post. He quoted my post and one another before his comments

There's three quotes there. It's not ALL about you :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here