Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This Delta strain is a real ****. Up to 60% more transmissible, probably more deadly and easily preventable if only we’d closed the borders to India.

Single jabs don’t work very well.

Probably a 4 week delay in opening up now.

Too late to avoid a third spike though. The rate of Infection is going through the roof.

20 hospitalised after having 2 jabs, 6 of those having sadly passed away.

ONS believes that circa 95k have the Delta at the moment.

Why oh why did we let this ****ing strain seed over 120 times? How the **** did that happen? It’s going to cost us another 4 weeks lockdown and will probably kill a few hundred.

If 95k have it and you add on the 30k that have been confirmed to have had it 6 people dying after 2 jabs isn’t bad news.

The NHS say they had other major issues.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
ah, so the pharma company producing Ivermectin is standing back, to allow all the other pharma companies to make money from as-yet-undiscovered treatments. :facepalm:
no, just like hydroxychloroquine, there isnt solid clinical proof.

If you have 25min to spare have a look at Youtube ,Ivermectin, Mexico ,Peru, India .Dr John Campbell .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
YouTube - That bastion of reasoned, unbiased scientific research and advice.

Lol yeah...but some of it has had more credibility than the stuff broadcast via bbc ..itv et al ....Campbell has imho actually been worth following through the last year or so...although I’ve not seen the broadcasts on the subject matter the poster has referred too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you have 25min to spare have a look at Youtube ,Ivermectin, Mexico ,Peru, India .Dr John Campbell .

thats ok, i spent some time reading Lancet and BMJ papers on matter already.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Lol yeah...but some of it has had more credibility than the stuff broadcast via bbc ..itv et al ....Campbell has imho actually been worth following through the last year or so...although I’ve not seen the broadcasts on the subject matter the poster has referred too.

He is very good for all the latest studies and data. He did a good one about an Irish study of the benefits of Vitamin D .

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Couple of the modellers online claim we should have fully opened weeks ago.

That was never on the table and would have led to Delta spreading quicker.

The Government blew it, pure and simple. Had we slowed down Delta arriving in this country - it is extremely difficult to stop it entirely - we would have had more people vaccinated before it took hold. Again a decision that would have had low impact if taken quickly has delayed the return to normality.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have you got evidence that some of the stuff broadcast by BBC ITV et al has little credibility?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
4 week delay announced on Monday to view the full impact of Delta variant and decide what further measures either way need to be taken. I do though understand why some of the ante lockdown brigade are so desperate for the 21st June to go ahead because at current rates by the time of the new delay of 19th July we will be at 50,000+ daily cases and at those rates there is no way SAGE will be signing off a full redaction of all social distancing and measures to stop the virus. Surely there is no way we can stop measures until cases are consistently downwards?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I was working in a factory in Kenington yesterday and the mood around the table at tea break was fxxx it after the 21st that’s it with all this COVID shit…..and walking around at lunch time ( a walk around the oval) it also seems a lot of others are just back to normal.

In my local last night the mood was the same, folks have had enough and the danger is no one will carry on with mask wearing and SD if a proper deadly pandemic comes along….let’s face it a pandemic that has a survival rate of 99% is a pretty weak one.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was working in a factory in Kenington yesterday and the mood around the table at tea break was fxxx it after the 21st that’s it with all this COVID shit…..and walking around at lunch time ( a walk around the oval) it also seems a lot of others are just back to normal.

In my local last night the mood was the same, folks have had enough and the danger is no one will carry on with mask wearing and SD if a proper deadly pandemic comes along….let’s face it a pandemic that has a survival rate of 99% is a pretty weak one.

It really saddens me to read posts like this, but I guess much of it is to be expected... The last paragraph though was the most upsetting and so dismissive of the 1% who die or contract long Covid, in part because of the selfishness of some.

It also classically misses out on the fact that the % of deaths is low BECAUSE of the measures that have been taken!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It really saddens me to read posts like this, but I guess much of it is to be expected... The last paragraph though was the most upsetting and so dismissive of the 1% who die or contract long Covid, in part because of the selfishness of some.

It also classically misses out on the fact that the % of deaths is low BECAUSE of the measures that have been taken!

I would have agreed a few months ago but I have read that in the USA the death rates from Covid between states that have opened up and the ones that haven’t is all but the same.

Also we have to think of the 1000s that have died of old age, cancers etc that have had no family around them in their last hours, that for me is the saddest thing.

It’s also less than 1% and the average age of death is 83 so many poor souls might have died with it and not from it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I would have agreed a few months ago but I have read that in the USA the death rates from Covid between states that have opened up and the ones that haven’t is all but the same.

Also we have to think of the 1000s that have died of old age, cancers etc that have had no family around them in their last hours, that for me is the saddest thing.

It’s also less than 1% and the average age of death is 83 so many poor souls might have died with it and not from it.

Agree this is not an easy thing to have gone through, with other conditions, and those having no-one with them in their final minutes is a real sadness. My family and I had talked at length about this, and agreed we were "lucky" my mum died in January and family were able to visit her during her last days, also we were able to hold a funeral for her without restrictions.

However, that doesn't mean we should needlessly push some towards early deaths just because of the sorrow of people dying alone - as it happens my Mum did, as she passed away during the night, when family had gone home - so no guarantees either way really!

As for cancers - my wife has blood cancer and is currently being treated for it - and is aged 60, so falls way outside the 83 year old demographic. If exposed to Covid and hospitalised she has a less than 50% chance of survival - so I do tend to see these things from a different point of view.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Agree this is not an easy thing to have gone through, with other conditions, and those having no-one with them in their final minutes is a real sadness. My family and I had talked at length about this, and agreed we were "lucky" my mum died in January and family were able to visit her during her last days, also we were able to hold a funeral for her without restrictions.

However, that doesn't mean we should needlessly push some towards early deaths just because of the sorrow of people dying alone - as it happens my Mum did, as she passed away during the night, when family had gone home - so no guarantees either way really!

As for cancers - my wife has blood cancer and is currently being treated for it - and is aged 60, so falls way outside the 83 year old demographic. If exposed to Covid and hospitalised she has a less than 50% chance of survival - so I do tend to see these things from a different point of view.

I wish you and your wife all the best, I myself have CLL and was bumped up to level 3 so had my two jabs months ago. Maybe that’s why I am getting impatient?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here