Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1414616738231164929[/tweet]

“One rule for them” writ large

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sage modelling 100-200 deaths a day at the height of the coming wave. Still, I'm sure those who die will gladly sacrifice themselves for the nightclubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Too soon. We need 80% vaccinated for it to work. We are heading there but not yet close enough to 'go back to normal'. There is insufficient compulsion to vaccination. This is a typical libertarian **** up, with garnishing of hypocrisy (parliamentary staff: compulsory mask wearing - to keep the MPs safe; what about the rest of us?). Yes of course we need to 'go back to normal' asap, but not like this. How difficult is it to social distance and wear a mask in a crowded place for a bit longer? Making it optional for the plebs is to deliberately facilitate infection, which was Boris' original plan. It is criminal foolishness. The English are very specific - if it is only optional we don't do it.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never.

As long as we keep on top of the vaccines especially in older people then the NHS will not be overwhelmed even when there is a hundred thousand of cases per day.

We will bring in restrictions, even if we shouldn't, and Boris is already, today, sounding like Freedom Day is not going to be quite what he promised. There will be restrictions, but they will be voluntary, so that means there will be no restrictions, except for specific circumstances, which will be explained in due course. So absolutely no going back, provided circumstances don't change. You can rest assured the government will carefully monitor the situation (etc etc).

They are playing politics. They are committed to brushing off the jump from 20 to 200 Covid deaths a day, and yet they may well change their mind because they are so indecisive. Boris, I mean. He can't reconcile what he wants with what he needs to do. This applies equally to his position as PM and his position as husband and father. It would be wryly comical if it weren't for the resultant carnage.

Personally I am double vaccinated and feel invincible. It's the lack of clarity from and competence of HMG I find so bemusing, albeit not surprising.

Edit - the number of times I have had to edit my spelling of the 'c' word (the one that ends with ompetence) is embarrassing. However, unlike Boris, when I make mistakes I try to correct them . . . .<sigh>

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seems France are forcing all hospital employees to have vaccine. All places with more than 10 people you have to prove you have vaccine or PCR test negative. They won’t be free for PCR tests. He also said if another curfew vaccinated will be exempt.

Test is only valid for 3 days. So to live your life without vacccine have to test every 3 days. For about €45.

20k French booking a minute.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Too soon.

just highlighting herd immunity has always been the policy, and vaccination is part of that.

now if we're saying its too soon to rely on the only the vaccine may be the case. certainly does seem they are bent on easing restrictions for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
just highlighting herd immunity has always been the policy, and vaccination is part of that.

now if we're saying its too soon to rely on the only the vaccine may be the case. certainly does seem they are bent on easing restrictions for the sake of it.

You captured the essence of my post, and my opinion, succinctly. :thumbsup:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Sage modelling 100-200 deaths a day at the height of the coming wave. Still, I'm sure those who die will gladly sacrifice themselves for the nightclubs.
The average daily number of people who died of flu and/or pneumonia in week ending 25th June, was 144. And that was with nightclubs closed. That week was the third lowest of the year so far.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
An extract from the DT this evening

On Monday night, the Prime Minister revealed that nightclubs and other venues with large crowds would be urged to adopt Covid certification "as a matter of social responsibility".

It marked a climbdown by the government after Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, insisted in February that "we are not planning to have a [Covid] passport in the UK".

Be interesting to see what football does from here re crowds assuming it hasn’t changed by this time next week

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The average daily number of people who died of flu and/or pneumonia in week ending 25th June, was 144. And that was with nightclubs closed. That week was the third lowest of the year so far.

So what’s the acceptable number of deaths then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

On Monday night, the Prime Minister revealed that nightclubs and other venues with large crowds would be urged to adopt Covid certification "as a matter of social responsibility".

It marked a climbdown by the government after Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, insisted in February that "we are not planning to have a [Covid] passport in the UK".

Be interesting to see what football does from here re crowds assuming it hasn’t changed by this time next week

I’m increasingly starting to think we won’t all be back in August like we thought we might be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But not a legal requirement.

I can see where this is going:

"We are not here to tell people what to do"

"We have given clear guidance on...."

"Due to the unprecedented numbers it is neccessary that..."

"We are looking forward to easing restrictions again in....."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAoQjRxqFwoTCNDBv6K-3vECFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The colonel said "These bodies stink
Won't someone come and drag them away?"
We try to clean them up but they mow us down
And the English colonel looks the other way
Well the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Well I ran for the trench but I had no time to speak
Well my heart said yes but my head said no
When the English colonel said "it's time to go"

He said "What's a few men?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4YVI8l9pck

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The colonel said "These bodies stink
Won't someone come and drag them away?"
We try to clean them up but they mow us down
And the English colonel looks the other way
Well the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Well I ran for the trench but I had no time to speak
Well my heart said yes but my head said no
When the English colonel said "it's time to go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4YVI8l9pck

Isn’t it what society will tolerate? Death from alcohol…obesity …the old favourite roads …I wonder if figures were given the publicity covid gets …would the freedoms we have change…probably not ..it’s only when someone close to us gets killed from a car accident that we remember that we are vulnerable …obviously all in my opinion

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no number would be considered acceptable. and yet we accept, without knowledge, thousands of preventable, avoidable deaths all the time. for example 25-29k deaths from pneumonia in each of 5 years before the covid came. we're running below excess death average currently, so that would be good, in a broader picture way? well no because thousands still died with Covid but some perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here