Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nottingham to enter Tier 3 lockdown despite infection rates already dropping off fairly rapidly, stinks of the government doing it so in a few weeks they can claim their measures have worked...

64E22D08-0C21-4211-B53C-E158356DD7B0.jpeg

Yoda

English & European

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nottingham to enter Tier 3 lockdown despite infection rates already dropping off fairly rapidly, stinks of the government doing it so in a few weeks they can claim their measures have worked...

View attachment 129853

That chart doesn't show three key things...

1. Rates are high in all the areas surrounding the city itself and, I believe, rising still. I'm not sure a "donut" of Tier 3 outside the city and Tier 2 inside the city is particularly practical.
2. The virus has spread to the more elderly in the area now. This will lead to increased demand on health services and, sadly, deaths.
3. The pressure on local hospitals is already such that other care is having to be postponed or cancelled - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-operations-cancelled-outbreaks-b1373423.html

The county report is probably the best place to go to get the real detail, eg: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/...9surveillancereportinnottscounty18oct2020.pdf

I appreciate this still might not be enough given your Covid-denier status, so how about we listen to a doctor from the area:

[tweet]1321430889402929153[/tweet]

Your conspiracy bullshit reckless and dangerous - please take it elsewhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My point is that the government have clearly got something very wrong if some people can’t get tests and yet there seem to be other sites completely empty.

Ever been to a pub or restaurant, got a table and been told you can't order food for 45 minutes because the kitchen has a backlog?

The pub - the test centre
The food - a test
The kitchen - labs that process tests

Regardless, is there even a problem getting tests currently? There clearly was a couple of weeks ago, but I've not heard it mentioned on the news for a while. On the government stats dashboard it certainly looks as though testing capacity has increased throughout October. I think there was a goal of being able to process 500k tests/day by the end of this month.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My point is that the government have clearly got something very wrong if some people can’t get tests and yet there seem to be other sites completely empty.

Why didn't you say that then instead of "fishy fishy".

Some could interpret that as a simple strapline denying the need for test centres. I do hope no one vulnerable read it and got the wrong idea,

Yoda

English & European

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
*Bozza, I’m sick to death of you calling me a COVID denier or a conspiracy theorist, seriously, show me any post where I’ve denied COVID exists or posted any conspiracy theories? I’m no longer going to post on this thread should I keep being labelled with that, it’s quite frankly pathetic.

And I know you pretty much run/own this site, so why are you making accusations like that, find me one post where I’ve denied COVID exists or posted any conspiracy theories.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave

Despite only having ventured out with extreme caution just 5 times in more than 8 months (other than dog walks in some remote woods). We also had a clown come round to perform an annual service last Thursday too who despite us donning masks when he needed to come in to check a wall mounted control panel did not bother.

Anyhow I have felt unwell for the past couple of days and being high risk thought I ought to get tested for peace of mind and my duty of care to my wife.

I was able to get a test booked pretty quickly and simply and would point out that there was also a steady stream of vehicles whilst I was there. So they are getting used what ever the back stabbing wannabe reporters trying to make a name for themselves was you to believe. Or maybe it’s just the case where I live in the East Midlands that people are bothering to get tests.......

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's the whole of Nottinghamshire though
View attachment 129858

Yes, just seen that I misread and didn’t realise it’s the entirety of Nottinghamshire. I guess they can’t just leave Nottingham open and close down the outer parts. Can understand those who live in Nottingham being irked though as it will ruin Nottingham’s economy when infection rate are fairly low.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ever been to a pub or restaurant, got a table and been told you can't order food for 45 minutes because the kitchen has a backlog?

The pub - the test centre
The food - a test
The kitchen - labs that process tests

Regardless, is there even a problem getting tests currently? There clearly was a couple of weeks ago, but I've not heard it mentioned on the news for a while. On the government stats dashboard it certainly looks as though testing capacity has increased throughout October. I think there was a goal of being able to process 500k tests/day by the end of this month.

It may not be an issue now the last I heard it was. Maybe it’s fixed. This article from mid Sept also seems to highlight the issue. Whatever your position I think it’s pretty clear the whole test and trace logistical system has been pretty shambolic overall just by seeing the mess we’re in compared to others.

https://www.peterboroughmatters.co.uk/local-news/coronavirus-testing-peterborough-empty-venues-19917

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
*Bozza, I’m sick to death of you calling me a COVID denier or a conspiracy theorist, seriously, show me any post where I’ve denied COVID exists or posted any conspiracy theories? I’m no longer going to post on this thread should I keep being labelled with that, it’s quite frankly pathetic.

And I know you pretty much run/own this site, so why are you making accusations like that, find me one post where I’ve denied COVID exists or posted any conspiracy theories.

Because all I notice from you on this subject is posts that seem to talk down the danger or suggest ulterior motivations at play, as your Nottingham posts illustrates very well.

It took me a couple of minutes of research to understand why measures in Nottingham may be increased - it's not difficult to do.

Instead, you took a post from, I'd guess, somewhere else on social media and without digging any deeper posted it on here. Maybe you took it from David Paton (cricketwyvern) on twitter, because I know I saw it on there in the last 24 hours or so (although he may have taken it from someone else).

[tweet]1321418588020985856[/tweet]

Yoda

English & European
Yes, just seen that I misread and didn’t realise it’s the entirety of Nottinghamshire. I guess they can’t just leave Nottingham open and close down the outer parts. Can understand those who live in Nottingham being irked though as it will ruin Nottingham’s economy when infection rate are fairly low.

Fair do's. :thumbsup: and yes, a very unfortunate set of circumstances they now find themselves in being completely surrounded like that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

No you don't.

The clear attempted point of the video was to suggest that there can't be so many infections as the testing centres are empty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty disgusting IMHO that the BBC News Channel is absolutely GORGING on this shit 24/7, mainly, seems to me at least, to try and justify its own BREAKING NEWS!! existence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here