Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ok, as you don't want to answer let's play a game.

500,000 die in exchange for the lifting of all restrictions. Deal or no deal?

my brother lives in worthing , has lived there all his life , he still doesn't know anyone who's died of this virus , my mum died in na nursing home ing may ...last 8 weeks of her life with no visitors , so you can insert your game into your pedantic little coight.....ok... stop panicking and just get on with your life , wear a mask , wash your hands, social distance but don't lock the entire community up to shield the vulnerable minority.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So for the entire period of lockdown nobody is allowed to buy anything other than food and drink? Absolutely ridiculous. All people will do is go on Amazon or Moonpig etc and that serves no good for the local economy.

How anyone can label this nonsense as common sense genuinely staggers me, people still need to buy other things and all this will do is make people go online, if you genuinely think someone who needs something other than food is going to think ‘oh I will wait for that local shop to open back up’ instead of just going online then I honestly have no words.

Spot on.
Cannot understand Watford's take on this.
This Welsh Government edict re closing aisles in supermarkets is merely making life even more bloomin' miserable for the poor buggers in Wales than it needs to be. I heard, I think it was the Welsh Health Minister questioned about this whilst I was in the car this morning. He was trying to justify it by saying it would discourage people from browsing or some such crap. The interviewer said what would it matter if the supermarket is controlling the number of people in the shops, social distancing is observed and masks are worn. He really had no answer.
Quite extraordinary and hysterical and I am still finding it hard to believe this has really happened.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Spot on.
This Welsh Government edict re closing aisles in supermarkets is merely making life even more bloomin' miserable for the poor buggers in Wales than it needs to be. I heard, I think it was the Welsh Health Minister questioned about this whilst I was in the car this morning. He was trying to justify it by saying it would discourage people from browsing or some such crap. The interviewer said what would it matter if the supermarket is controlling the number of people in the shops, social distancing is observed and masks are worn. He really had no answer.
Quite extraordinary and hysterical and I am still finding it hard to believe this has really happened.

there is no sense to any of it ....no consistency and no parallels , just something else for us all to argue about ffs....:rolleyes:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Spot on.

The way I look at is this - a few weeks back I was in Morrison's and queuing up to check out. The queue for the checkouts in my local Morrison's snakes round the clothing section. Everyone is stood there with their trollies and face coverings on, all keeping our distance in the queue, then along comes a family of 3, none of whom are wearing face coverings, revelling in pushing past people and breaking social distancing just to have a look at the kids clothing, none of which they bought and the little kid is allowed to wander of down the queue past people as well during their 'browsing'.

In Wales with these restrictions, dickheads like that will be less inclined to wander into the supermarket during this lockdown they're having. There are inconsistencies with what is deemed non essential, but then there were back in March/April here - I could walk into M&S and carry out as much red wine as I could, but the clothing section was closed. If I was so inclined, I could have queued up outside Boot's with ill people going in to pick up a prescription to simply browse and peruse what fake suntan and teeth whitening products they have etc, etc. People weren't getting indignant over these anomalies then though. :shrug:

Anyway, it's time for Stereo Underground on Radio Sussex. :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In Wales with these restrictions, dickheads like that will be less inclined to wander into the supermarket during this lockdown they're having. There are inconsistencies with what is deemed non essential, but then there were back in March/April here - I could walk into M&S and carry out as much red wine as I could, but the clothing section was closed. If I was so inclined, I could have queued up outside Boot's with ill people going in to pick up a prescription to simply browse and peruse what fake suntan and teeth whitening products they have etc, etc. People weren't getting indignant over these anomalies then though. :shrug:

first off, dickheads will be what ever the restriction. second, you speak of individual shops choice not rules from on high. i recall there was almost indignation that you could buy choclate eggs, the non-essntial aisles there open, but i thnk the general consensus was it really wasnt worth getting hung up about. Wales has decide that was the wrong option, it really is very important you mustnt buy socks, kettles or cards when going to the only shop allowed open.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
my brother lives in worthing , has lived there all his life , he still doesn't know anyone who's died of this virus , my mum died in na nursing home ing may ...last 8 weeks of her life with no visitors , so you can insert your game into your pedantic little coight.....ok... stop panicking and just get on with your life , wear a mask , wash your hands, social distance but don't lock the entire community up to shield the vulnerable minority.

So you are saying that the 45,000 people who have died of it don't exist as your brother hasn't met them?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
there is no sense to any of it ....no consistency and no parallels , just something else for us all to argue about ffs....:rolleyes:

I live in Wales and can probably survive two weeks without buying clothes. If it stops people shopping for “something to do” that’s fine with me as it means less infections and the quicker we are out of lockdown.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So you are saying that the 45,000 people who have died of it don't exist as your brother hasn't met them?

no , of course not but of those 45 k deaths how many are attributable to corona alone ...?? a virus that knocks off aged people with underlying health issues or known comorbidities is nothing new , this particular virus was grossly miss managed at the source and has made a lot of already grossly rich people even more rich, you cannot go to the shop to buy a creme egg but you can go fox hunting or jump on a plane to Turkey .....it really is a very , very bad joke

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
A couple of questions to the pro lockdown part of society, how long are you prepared to live with these restrictions, and allow our government to have such sweeping powers, 6 months ? A year ? 2 ? As long as it takes, possibly forever?

And do you honestly believe we’ll ever enjoy the same freedoms we did pre covid again ?

Please don’t take this, that I’m anti restrictions, as that isn’t the case, but I am becoming increasingly worried for the future, and that governments around the world may use this as an opportunity to reign us all in a bit, whilst making their emergency powers slightly more permanent.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
no , of course not but of those 45 k deaths how many are attributable to corona alone ...?? a virus that knocks off aged people with underlying health issues or known comorbidities is nothing new , this particular virus was grossly miss managed at the source and has made a lot of already grossly rich people even more rich, you cannot go to the shop to buy a creme egg but you can go fox hunting or jump on a plane to Turkey .....it really is a very , very bad joke

What are you actually on about?

Creme eggs (no, as it's not Easter), fox hunting (yes, in groups of no more than 6, which a hunt won't run with)?

I think your tag line needs adjusting, as clearly you are Mayor of that town!

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A couple of questions to the pro lockdown part of society, how long are you prepared to live with these restrictions, and allow our government to have such sweeping powers, 6 months ? A year ? 2 ? As long as it takes, possibly forever?

And do you honestly believe we’ll ever enjoy the same freedoms we did pre covid again ?

Please don’t take this, that I’m anti restrictions, as that isn’t the case, but I am becoming increasingly worried for the future, and that governments around the world may use this as an opportunity to reign us all in a bit, whilst making their emergency powers slightly more permanent.

ding ****ing dong

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What are you actually on about?

Creme eggs (no, as it's not Easter), fox hunting (yes, in groups of no more than 6, which a hunt won't run with)?

I think your tag line needs adjusting, as clearly you are Mayor of that town!

what i am actually on about is that people have been flying all over Europe going on holiday all summer , footballers are still flying all over Europe weekly but people in Wales cant buy birthday cards .....i mean wtf is that going to do ...?? you can't see the idiocy of it because you are stuck in the middle of it and you are actually pro lockdown , i'm not.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
what i am actually on about is that people have been flying all over Europe going on holiday all summer , footballers are still flying all over Europe weekly but people in Wales cant buy birthday cards .....i mean wtf is that going to do ...?? you can't see the idiocy of it because you are stuck in the middle of it and you are actually pro lockdown , i'm not.

There will be idiocy in all rules...

Back in the good ol’ days before Sunday opening, you could go to a newsagents and buy a copy of Mayfair (other top shelf magazines are available), but you couldn’t buy a bible...

There will always be anomalies.

The Welsh government have said they are going to look at the supermarket situation after the weekend, so I’m guessing they will soon be able to buy creme eggs!

The problem is, you jump to assumptions, presumably fuelled by too many Facebook links and decide you know people’s feelings based on a few posts.

If you had actually bothered to read what I have Previously said, which you haven’t, I am actually anti-lockdown and pro full support for the vulnerable... you carry on making a fool of yourself with your stupid analogies. At least it gave me a laugh this morning!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

6 months, once we're past the winter. At that stage we'll know whether we have a viable vaccine (and according to reports, rollout could be well underway by that point).

And yes, I do believe we'll enjoy the same freedoms as pre-covid. Currently the only freedoms we can't enjoy are having gatherings of more than 6 people, going to events like theatre, football matches etc. I can't see any government wanting to stop those things from happening once it's safe to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
6 months, once we're past the winter. At that stage we'll know whether we have a viable vaccine (and according to reports, rollout could be well underway by that point).

And yes, I do believe we'll enjoy the same freedoms as pre-covid. Currently the only freedoms we can't enjoy are having gatherings of more than 6 people, going to events like theatre, football matches etc. I can't see any government wanting to stop those things from happening once it's safe to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

So you genuinely believe life will be back to pre covid normality by Easter ? I admire your optimism, I really do.
I too have high hopes that a viable vaccine will be available, but the fact the government have recently said it will only be made available to over 50’s and the extreme vulnerable means it will still be in general circulation, which means we will still be living with restrictions for a fair while longer yet, I think it’s very unlikely they’ll just let us go back to normal.
Regardless of our vaccination program, the entire world needs to be vaccinated for international travel to resume, not to mention customer confidence.....this could take decades !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here