Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So a Gove family member gets symptoms of Covid-19 and therefore Gove needs to self isolate for 14 days. This is even though its reasonably likely that the family member caught it (if they do have it) off Gove, who had it asymptotically (who caught it off Johnson/Hancock/Cummings/Whitty).

We really need to get these antibody tests sorted.

No they need to ramp up testing and contact tracing. Should be easy lockdown to trace who gave it to who, then shut this thing down.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Blame over testing mis-steps is being directed by ministers at the NHS bureaucracy and PHE. “They’re proud of their independence and won’t yield for anyone,” said one minister of health officials. “The same is true for Public Health England: they’re the reason we don’t have more testing. They want to control the whole tedious process.”

the point about PHE involved in delay is corroberated by other points in the article (about labs). they are supposed to plan and provide strategy for healthcare, not ministers (who are in year or two tops, and know little about their policy area.).

as for be more German, lets do that, they seem to provide much more for only a small amount more GDP. i dont think people will accept the change though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Saw something today which made me smile. Walking through Goring I went past a place that writes Wills. There was a big notice outside thanking the NHS staff for their efforts to save lives. While I don't doubt the sincerity of their messaging, I did just wonder for a second if this particular company really wanted the NHS to be totally successful.

Wills are written before people die not afterwards, so the success of The NHS doesn't matter.
But I should imagine will writing companies have been quite busy recently, there are enough people passing away or falling very ill to scare people into getting a will written if they haven't already.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see Paris will ban joggers from tomorrow between 10.00am and 7.00pm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has this been mentioned? All kicking off in in Israel with the police being called Nazis. Fecking hell

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
EU_wePxVAAAKTPb.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
New death figure is over 800 today in the U.K, BUT this is due to the data lag from not having enough staff to do reports on Sunday, so true figures are probably more like jf you average out the last 2 days. The same thing happened last week.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
New death figure is over 800 today in the U.K, BUT this is due to the data lag from not having enough staff to do reports on Sunday, so true figures are probably more like jf you average out the last 2 days. The same thing happened last week.

however you look at it 854 is awfull needs to fall soon. Please please stay at home. It does seem in the South we are. Less so people in the midlands and the North.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
however you look at it 854 is awfull needs to fall soon. Please please stay at home. It does seem in the South we are. Less so people in the midlands and the North.

Whilst this is true, it's a broadly gausian pattern so will fall at a similar rate to which it has risen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His daughter used to post on Nsc regularly herself. He has referred to her by her real name many times, but you probably hadn’t noticed in the past.
No I hadn't noticed.
People are worried sick so more likely to react.
I can understand that and I'm not complaining. I am, however, just making it clear that I wasn't being rude.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry, worked fine through the link in twitter.
No problem, just letting you know that many of us wouldn't see it (and it seems someone has posted the story)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a question, if you have had Covid-19 and recovered and have built up some immunity can you still spread the virus even if it doesnt effect you?

As I understand it, only for the usual few days. After that, no.
Only if you touch something contaminated, and then touch something else, thus spreading the contamination, possible to someone else. It's not that likely a scenario, but you should still be keeping good hygiene to avoid the possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports