Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It's a little early for me to get my hopes up on that UK figure, but is France's late peak simply a case of the French being, well, French? (by that I mean doing what the hell they want, as opposed to doing what some stupid government tells them to do)

I think they added deaths outside of hospitals (care home, hospices etc) over the past few weeks in one go making the information a bit unreliable in all honesty

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a little early for me to get my hopes up on that UK figure, but is France's late peak simply a case of the French being, well, French? (by that I mean doing what the hell they want, as opposed to doing what some stupid government tells them to do)
The French added a whole load of fatalities in care homes in a few big "batches".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think they added deaths outside of hospitals (care home, hospices etc) over the past few weeks in one go making the information a bit unreliable in all honesty
The French added a whole load of fatalities in care homes in a few big "batches".
Ah, thanks. Countries should back date the data so that the graphs make sense, so that both they and other countries can learn more about how lockdowns etc affect the virus.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They have a reporter and film cameraman at st Thomas’s in the intensive care unit.

It is horrific!
Oh. I've had the news on in the background for the last hour and didn't see any of that.

These healthcare workers, and yes I know I am biased as Laura is one of them
Laura Kuenssberg?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My partner's Dad passed away yesterday - it hasn't been confirmed that it was Covid, but it is very strongly suspected.

Please, stay at home, take every precaution you can and do not hesitate to call for help if you need it.

Very sad to hear this. Thoughts with you, partner & family.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh do duck off you lot.

Some of us are very worried about out family...****ing hilarious for you obviously

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh do duck off you lot.

Some of us are very worried about out family...****ing hilarious for you obviously
I gave my more serious comment below my first, and I too have family to worry about. I don't need to point out that I wasn't making fun of you worrying about your family.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I gave my more serious comment below my first, and I too have family to worry about. I don't need to point out that I wasn't making fun of you worrying about your family.

His daughter’s name is Laura. Three posts took the mickey out of that point.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
They have a reporter and film cameraman at st Thomas’s in the intensive care unit.

It is horrific!

These healthcare workers, and yes I know I am biased as Laura is one of them, but if anyone describes these people as low skilled workers, they can go and f.uck right off

Thank you to all NHS workers..... teachers, delivery drivers, police etc etc goes without saying.

I would never call a health care worker low skilled... Didn't the government classify anyone earning less that 50k (or whatever the figure was) as low skilled? Stupid to base it on salary.

NHS workers should be paid more and get more credit. I am glad to see it happening now. I just hope it carries on and their pay is increased. I just hope their efforts aren't forgotten in a few months.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His daughter’s name is Laura.
No sh*t.
Three posts took the mickey out of that point.
No they didn't. It's not like Laura is a silly name or something to take the mick out of in the first place. He posted about 'Laura', but hadn't included any context to say whom he was referring. I simply joked whether he meant Laura Kuenssberg. That's not rude of offensive or disrespectful. His daughter appears to work for the NHS (or similar) and I added to my post that my wife also does, by way of explaining that I knew what he meant really, and that I also know what it's like to have a close family member working on the front line.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No sh*t.
No they didn't. It's not like Laura is a silly name or something to take the mick out of in the first place. He posted about 'Laura', but hadn't included any context to say whom he was referring to. I simply joked whether he meant Laura Kuenssberg. That's not rude of offensive or disrespectful. His daughter appears to work for the NHS (or similar) and I added to my post that my wife also does, by way of explaining that I knew what he meant really, and that I also know what it's like to have a close family member working on the front line.

I must say I didn't see any of those posts as taking the Mickey. None of them would have been intentionally so. Until it was mentioned by the poster at this point that his daughter was called laura I had no idea

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must say I didn't see any of those posts as taking the Mickey. None of them would have been intentionally so. Until it was mentioned by the poster at this point that his daughter was called laura I had no idea
I'd actually assumed it was his Mrs he was referring to, but either way I was certainly not taking the piss out of someone from his family, I was simply joking (lightheartedly I might add) about the fact he used their first name as if we were meant to know who he meant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here