Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The NHS will collapse if this gets serious, won’t be able to plaster over it with bullshit and lies if people are dropping down dead

No doubt you’ll be laying the blame 100% at the door of the Tories too.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Surely if this guy brought the virus back on a plane from china, as seems to have been insinuated, he will have infected many others in the enclosed space of an aircraft cabin on a long haul flight?

I’m staggered the government haven’t acted by banning all flights from the most affected areas, incompetent if you ask me.

Two reasons.
Money & Political Correctness.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've wargamed it on Plague Inc.

I think we're going to be alright. The World Cup was cancelled, the USA President was taken ill and it killed more people than Smallpox, HIV or Spanish Flu but eventually we survived. Although much of the world is now dead, the survivors can rebuild and carry humanity forwards.

(This is what some people do on Football Manager before games.)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watford match is in doubt. Don't want people all getting close together. Batten down the hatches. PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely if this guy brought the virus back on a plane from china, as seems to have been insinuated, he will have infected many others in the enclosed space of an aircraft cabin on a long haul flight?

I’m staggered the government haven’t acted by banning all flights from the most affected areas, incompetent if you ask me.

Sussex Uni has a large number of Chinese students on post-grad programs, many of whom return with their families for the graduation ceremonies end of Jan. I imagine that'll be the link

Caught outside of China and not at Sussex uni. Probably not chinese either. Other than that, bang on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Admitted to the Royal Sussex A&E on Sunday evening with flu-like symptoms. Results came through this morning confirming thr Coronavirus, has now been taken to quarantine in London somewhere.

Marvellous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Posts #16 and #17 in this thread seem to have been a tad optimistic it seems.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's an escaped bio-weapon isn't it ?

The people flown back to the UK and quarantined are basically lab rats now.

Stumpy Tim

Two reasons.
Money & Political Correctness.

Or it could be because the advice of the World Health Organisation is that this would be counter-productive

https://qz.com/1795615/coronavirus-travel-bans-on-china-imposed-by-growing-list-of-nations/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else ramped up their concern? Can’t see this being an isolated case in this area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here