Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am hoping China decide not to eat anything that moves and close down the selling of live animals in filthy markets but I am not hopeful. They have no animal rights in this country
What do you expect, they don't even have human rights.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would be nice to see the numbers of those who have actually recovered by now, and to see a few 'recover-ees' in front of the cameras.

Outside of China there have been two deaths; Hong Kong and the Philippines. Within this article it shows how many confirmed cases there are worldwide (UK 2).

The article also shows the panic shown by the public here where a lady from Taiwan has lived here for 22 years' but told to stop trading on the market because she recently returned to Taiwan for a holiday. the other traders wouldn't believe her when she explained that Taiwan is a long way from Wuhan.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020...t-trader-told-to-leave-over-coronavirus-fears

"One of the traders told me everyone in the building thought I should leave otherwise I would put everyone at risk, and if I didn't leave they would contact the council to force me out."

Su said she has received lots of support since speaking out about the incident and said she has chosen to forgive the traders who "went against" her.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Ok this is terribly, terribly worrying now.
Prof Neil Ferguson says up to 50000 people are being infected per day and that only 10% of Infections are being picked up in China. 25% over seas. And that it takes up to 20(!!) days to die.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ok this is terribly, terribly worrying now.
Prof Neil Ferguson says up to 50000 people are being infected per day and that only 10% of Infections are being picked up in China. 25% over seas. And that it takes up to 20(!!) days to die.

based on what?
i keep seeing claims that seemed to be made on the basis official numbers are not matching models, which are using early official data as their input. so they trust one set of official data, but not other official data:glare: . i wouldnt trust the data coming from China government either, but dont see any other viable source.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Guess we'll have to call off Saturday's game and call it a home win by default then.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Outside of China there have been two deaths; Hong Kong and the Philippines. Within this article it shows how many confirmed cases there are worldwide (UK 2).

The article also shows the panic shown by the public here where a lady from Taiwan has lived here for 22 years' but told to stop trading on the market because she recently returned to Taiwan for a holiday. the other traders wouldn't believe her when she explained that Taiwan is a long way from Wuhan.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020...t-trader-told-to-leave-over-coronavirus-fears

"One of the traders told me everyone in the building thought I should leave otherwise I would put everyone at risk, and if I didn't leave they would contact the council to force me out."

Su said she has received lots of support since speaking out about the incident and said she has chosen to forgive the traders who "went against" her.

I was more wondering how many are now fully fit and recovered after catching it ? Or do they all still have persistent ongoing illness ?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Guess we'll have to call off Saturday's game and call it a home win by default then.

The league should be cancelled, no champions and no relegation and we start fresh in August after another transfer window.

So no title for Liverpool

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My missus gets the latest guidance on this from Public Health England for work. From what she's been saying, they are expecting this one to have legs...

They will always plan for the worst-case scenario of course, but even so, the amount of prep and planning going into this is huge.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My missus gets the latest guidance on this from Public Health England for work. From what she's been saying, they are expecting this one to have legs...

They will always plan for the worst-case scenario of course, but even so, the amount of prep and planning going into this is huge.

I think the speed of the response from the WHO suggested they are worried about this one.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My misses works at the hospital, nice knowing ya

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely if this guy brought the virus back on a plane from china, as seems to have been insinuated, he will have infected many others in the enclosed space of an aircraft cabin on a long haul flight?

I’m staggered the government haven’t acted by banning all flights from the most affected areas, incompetent if you ask me.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Sussex Uni has a large number of Chinese students on post-grad programs, many of whom return with their families for the graduation ceremonies end of Jan. I imagine that'll be the link

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here