Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

ANdy1

Apr 20, 2022
Covid-19 happened to me last year. I had high temperature for almost 2 weeks... For these weeks, I couldn't do anything. It was an awful experience.

Afther six months of my recovery, I noticed that I can feel more smells... Now it is my superpower :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't recall anyone actually suggesting putting electronic alarms on people's door or kicking them out their homes to disinfect them but you crack on.

people held up china as taking it seriously and the way to go, where does that end?

Plenty of people pushed for zero covid and held china up as the poster boys of what to do, what is going on in China is what zero covid looks like.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
people held up china as taking it seriously and the way to go, where does that end?

Plenty of people pushed for zero covid and held china up as the poster boys of what to do, what is going on in China is what zero covid looks like.

Absolute twaddle. Any government in a democracy attempting that wouldn't remain a government much longer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:thumbsup:

They did. Plenty of UK commentators/doomongers and general busybodies who would’ve had this country/life at a complete halt for 2 years put China on a pedestal. A typical remark was:

“Look at the swift and decisive action the Chinese government took, and resulting low metrics”.

No lessons should be learnt from a murderous, lying dictatorship.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[tweet]1517162093442609152[/tweet]

UK excess deaths during the entire pandemic amount to 134,000.

Nowhere near 173k or 203k.

72A033FB-F9BD-4C3E-A5BA-FEF6077866C7.png

“Excess mortality is a more comprehensive measure of the total impact of the pandemic on deaths than the confirmed COVID-19 death count alone. It captures not only the confirmed deaths, but also COVID-19 deaths that were not correctly diagnosed and reported2 as well as deaths from other causes that are attributable to the overall crisis conditions.”

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I feel like covid is no longer a thing as there has been a 7 day break in people posting on this thread. Hallelujah.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I feel like covid is no longer a thing as there has been a 7 day break in people posting on this thread. Hallelujah.

Or, as an alternative, those still concerned about Covid, for many reasons, are fed up with being told to learn to “live with Covid” and so are avoiding coming on here to be told how wrong they are to still be concerned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or, as an alternative, those still concerned about Covid, for many reasons, are fed up with being told to learn to “live with Covid” and so are avoiding coming on here to be told how wrong they are to still be concerned.

Well those who are saying "we can't live with Covid" are not really providing any suggestions how to deal with it. Covid will likely be around permanently, are we going to hide from this disease forever?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am not sure there is a lot to add to the conversation anymore. Face coverings have largely been given up on and people have decided if they thought the restrictions were proportionate or not and won't be moved from that opinion so why bother anymore?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am not sure there is a lot to add to the conversation anymore. Face coverings have largely been given up on and people have decided if they thought the restrictions were proportionate or not and won't be moved from that opinion so why bother anymore?

Agree.

As we have done, throughout the pandemic we will do what we can to keep ourselves safe, take vaccines when offered, and now keep our own counsel, as there is little conversation to be had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here