Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Keirnan

Not necessarily the case, there are instances where the parent club sub some of the players wages whilst on loan

"Hi. Would you mind ending your contract and leaving for free please. We don't want to pay the wages"

"No"

Yeah, good luck with that.

Loan him, have a % of his wages paid by someone else and then sell, receiving additional income.

55k a week is just over 1 million by the summer if my maths is right. So even if we paid "ALL of his wages until then and then sold for a fee, we would still do better than you're "let him go on a free" idea which he obviously wouldn't take and would do us out of a fee.

"Lol"
he's gone now

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I find this strange played a big part in the demolition of Wolves and didn’t really feature to much after.
I'm not sure his 9 min (plus injury time) appearance made that much difference to the outcome of the game.

Maybe you mean the Luton, Man Utd or Bournemouth wins which he actually started?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He looked to be a very useful forward facing attack minded midfielder, with that classy first touch and passing ability… although early on he looked too ponderous for the PL, I actually think he was beginning to come good and then he committed that stupid foul vs Sheff Utd. I suspect he got absolutely bollocked by Roberto, post match and most likely had to do 50 laps of the pitch each day before training for a month… ultimately it was unlikely to end well, and thus another one bites the dust.

So, we’re quite voluntarily down to the bare bones in CM… Hinsh and Carlos will get and have been bullied in the middle, and as we’ve seen confidence is a fragile thing… so beyond Gross and the wee man, we’ve got Adam and James with a combined age of about 73, the combined pace of a couple of asthmatic geriatric hamster’s and the combined hamstrings of two very crusty Egyptian mummies… of course there’s Moder who isn’t back to 70% never mind his best… it’s all terribly odd. That and our targets are either beyond us or showing the kind of attitude that’s beyond the pale… hmmmmm it’s an interesting tactic of hoping Hinsh can transfer his wide RB form into the cauldron of a typical PL midfield battle… poor bugger, I’m glad that’s not all on my narrow shoulders…

We’re far from doomed, but we’re sliding away from peak we saw last season and with surgical precision:

No Mac.
No Moises.
No Mwepu.
No Alzate.
No Mo.

And errmmm no depth.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It does seem a bit daft to mourn his loss as a loss of depth when he’s was clearly not going to get a game. That said, it seems odd to move him on now without back-up as we are so light in midfield if Gross or Gilmour get injured. I really hope we have a few transfer irons in the fire and just haven’t been telling anyone.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He looked to be a very useful forward facing attack minded midfielder, with that classy first touch and passing ability… although early on he looked too ponderous for the PL, I actually think he was beginning to come good and then he committed that stupid foul vs Sheff Utd. I suspect he got absolutely bollocked by Roberto, post match and most likely had to do 50 laps of the pitch each day before training for a month… ultimately it was unlikely to end well, and thus another one bites the dust.

So, we’re quite voluntarily down to the bare bones in CM… Hinsh and Carlos will get and have been bullied in the middle, and as we’ve seen confidence is a fragile thing… so beyond Gross and the wee man, we’ve got Adam and James with a combined age of about 73, the combined pace of a couple of asthmatic geriatric hamster’s and the combined hamstrings of two very crusty Egyptian mummies… of course there’s Moder who isn’t back to 70% never mind his best… it’s all terribly odd. That and our targets are either beyond us or showing the kind of attitude that’s beyond the pale… hmmmmm it’s an interesting tactic of hoping Hinsh can transfer his wide RB form into the cauldron of a typical PL midfield battle… poor bugger, I’m glad that’s not all on my narrow shoulders…

We’re far from doomed, but we’re sliding away from peak we saw last season and with surgical precision:

No Mac.
No Moises.
No Mwepu.
No Alzate.
No Mo.

And errmmm no depth.
Except you can't expect to replace everyone who leaves with someone of the same quality immediately, regardless of all the succession planning. I suspect that some have gone rather sooner than was originally anticipated, so the precise succession planning may be a little out of alignment.

Some of the recent current first team squad players may have had to be upped a season earlier than was good for them, and a few are showing it. But a loan to Stuttgart won't do him any harm. He should improve with time and games, even if ultimately he doesn't stay.

But please, not another Luton.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
According to German press, Stuttgart not impressed with Dahoud.
Will return him to Brighton at end of loan. No transfer fee then!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to German press, Stuttgart not impressed with Dahoud.
Will return him to Brighton at end of loan. No transfer fee then!
Some you win.

Some you lose.

He cost nothing so it’s no biggie.

I’m wondering if the Old Firm would be interested in him? He strikes me as someone who could do well playing the sort of opposition they come up against in the Scottish Premiership.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some you win.

Some you lose.

He cost nothing so it’s no biggie.

I’m wondering if the Old Firm would be interested in him? He strikes me as someone who could do well playing the sort of opposition they come up against in the Scottish Premiership.
Are you implying....

images.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Like i said when we signed him there's a reason Borussia let him go without a fight. Clearly the algorithm had a blip with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here