Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann potentially found

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Mail/Express have printed loads of these stories since it happened, either she's touring the globe or it's all bollocks. :shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't get all the grief and worry about people you don't know.

Do you not? REALLY?

Well, just to give you an insight into why someone like me feels emotional, and grief-stricken at a story like this, is because I can't look into poor Madeleine's eyes, without seeing my little daughter, and suddenly I'm transformed into a position whereby I can't help but imagine the horror of being in that situation myself.

I see the parents, and a similar feeling comes over me.

How would I cope with being in their situation?
How do you live through something like this?
How do you keep things somewhere close to normal for the sake of your other children?
How do you ever grieve, as that is tantamount to accepting she's died, and you could NEVER do that just in case she IS alive.

Millions of questions run through my head, and they are all tragically sad.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
SO you don't think they've made money off of their daughters dissapearence?

It probably depends on what you mean by "made money". Is all the fund money going just to finding her ? I would imagine all or almost all of it is. Are they adinistering the fund ? I don't know, but I doubt it. If any of the donated money has been used to allow then to live and feed themselves alongside the search, then that would probably be reasonable, within limits.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Around 230,000 missing children reports are made in the UK every year, why do people focus on just one?

If you are going to give stats, can you back them up by confirming of that 230k missing children reports in the UK every year, how many are of kids under say 10 (whatever colour or creed), that arent found safe and well or dead within say 72 hours, and are not suspected of being taken by family members to foreign countries/other parts of this country.

I bet the answer is probably single figures and not that there are thousands of working class versions of Madeleine's as you are trying to imply.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Daily "Nazi" isn't owned by Murdoch

2 points here:

i) It is not only the Daily Mail runnng the story, there are several instances of this story on news websites.

ii) I imagine every single national newspaper has used neferious methods to get stories in the past, it is, IMO, only a matter of time before pretty much all national newspapers are exposed for phone hacking and other such methods.

*Before anyone suggests I am a typical Mail reader, I would rather poke hot needles in my eyes before reading the Daily Mail/Express/Redtops

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Wasn't this discussion on here just a few months ago?

Some will say how sorry they feel for the McCanns, and how they hope they find young Madeline against the odds.

Some will say they hope Maddy turns up, but accuse the McCanns of irresponsible parenting for leaving such a young child on her own.

Some will state the conspiracy theories that the McCanns killed her themselves for the publicity/money

Binfest ensues. Carry on :)

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

Doesn't stop it using Private Investigators to illegally obtain information though does it?

To paraphrase Private Eye - After the trail and convictions of Glenn Mulcaire and Clive Goodman in 2006, the information commissioner's What price privacy now? report found that the the Daily Mail was by far the biggest buyer of illegally obtained personal information supplied by Private Investigators - with 952 transactions. The News of the World was way down the list in 5th place.

Probably would be well within their interests to keep the phone hacking investigation off the front pages.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I know. That wouldn't stop them hacking if the opportunity arose.

If you are going to give stats, can you back them up by confirming of that 230k missing children reports in the UK every year, how many are of kids under say 10 (whatever colour or creed), that arent found safe and well or dead within say 72 hours, and are not suspected of being taken by family members to foreign countries/other parts of this country.

I bet the answer is probably single figures and not that there are thousands of working class versions of Madeleine's as you are trying to imply.

I don't get your point. Does her disappearance make it any more important because she was under 10, not found within 72 hours and not suspected of being taken by family members to foreign countries/other parts of this country?

Please tell me you dont have kids (that you are not estranged from!).

Not yet. But I still won't be following tabloid stories if I have kids. I havent got time now as it is!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Doesn't stop it using Private Investigators to illegally obtain information though does it?

To paraphrase Private Eye - After the trail and convictions of Glenn Mulcaire and Clive Goodman in 2006, the information commissioner's What price privacy now? report found that the the Daily Mail was by far the biggest buyer of illegally obtained personal information supplied by Private Investigators - with 952 transactions. The News of the World was way down the list in 5th place.

Probably would be well within their interests to keep the phone hacking investigation off the front pages.

Well put. I was just looking for that stat myself

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Wasn't this discussion on here just a few months ago?

Some will say how sorry they feel for the McCanns, and how they hope they find young Madeline against the odds.

Some will say they hope Maddy turns up, but accuse the McCanns of irresponsible parenting for leaving such a young child on her own.

Some will state the conspiracy theories that the McCanns killed her themselves for the publicity/money

Binfest ensues. Carry on :)

A perfect summation!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being white and middle-class.

I think the insinuation is that because the McCanns are supposedly well connected and of a certain social class, their story may have got more coverage than the equivalent story of a lower class family of an alternative ethnic origin.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Maybe they shouldnt have left the kids alone - middle class doctors no one seemed to mind this terrible peice of parenting. If they had been working class chavs - we would have seen a very different story...

I am sorry they lost their child - but it was their fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here