Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann potentially found

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Doesn't that figure also include runaways rather than abductions. Misleading to include children who have left of their own accord. How many suspected abductions have their been out of that 230k?

Also with regard to the 'white middleclass' argument, what about Shannon Matthews. Her abduction got a lot of attention and you would hardly describe her as middleclass!!!!

It all sells papers. I don't get all the grief and worry about people you don't know. It probably depends how misanthropic you are.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At what point would any of you stop looking for your abducted/missing daughter?

Exactly. You get the impression that some people think that the McCanns are just trying to make money from this tragedy.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Really hope that this is the breakthrough they have been looking for.

I have my doubts. but it would be amazing news if this is the positive result everyones been looking for. Fingers crossed

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
That's not the issue and one I don't know the answer too as I am not unfortunate enough to have had it happen to one of my children. Just questioning why the media (Daily Mail) have latched onto this one girl and ignore all the other cases of missing children?

They often report about Ben Needham as well.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
apparently BBC in delhi have checked it out and its bollocks, they say mccann sightings are 'false' and haven't been asked to perform any DNA tests.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
How anybody could believe anything printed in that scumrag is beyond me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because she comes from a white, middle class family.

The sad fact is that had the exact same circumstances occurred but it was a child from an ethnic minority or normal working class family who had gone missing, the media focus would have disappeared YEARS ago.

Normally find your posts fine, but this is whiny, chip on shoulder bollocks.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Apparently the proceeds from this latest book are purely to fund their continued search for the girl, but exactly how transparent this is I have no idea. They have also made money in the past from selling the story of the possible abduction to newspapers.

I'm not saying the whole thing is an elaborate plan to make money and court public attention and I'm sure the McCann's only want closure on the case now BUT the fact remains that they HAVE made money from it all, and they have gained national, even international notoriety.

Printing stories like this, based on totally unsubstantiated speculation, only serve to keep the story - and the McCann family - in the public eye. It also encourages people to behave in this entirely ludicrous manner whereby little girls matching the description of the missing kid are suddenly subjected to unwarranted attention and undue stress by vigilantes believing they've solved the mystery.

If by some miracle the kid ever turns up then all the papers can run 24 page spreads for weeks on end BUT in the mean time we shouldn't be subjected to irresponsible tittle tattle like this

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well they HAVE made money from this tragedy

I didn't think they had made any personal money out of it - in fact I thought the new book was because the fund was running low. If they have had any money, then I would imagine it's only to cover income they are not getting because of the search - I know he went back to work, but I don't know about her. I hardly think they are driving around in Porsches and going on Caribean holidays.

I think it's probably a search that will never end in good news, but you can never stop looking, hoping and doing whatever you can.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh I see, so they had their daughter kidnapped just for the money ?

Well that's one of the conspiracy theories yes.

(not that I agree with it, but I do dislike the way the parents are profitting out of it, which they are)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
(not that I agree with it, but I do dislike the way the parents are profitting out of it, which they are)

I presume you have proof of that - I don't know that they're not, but as I think they don't administer the fund, I doubt if they are.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well that's one of the conspiracy theories yes.

How ? So they're not supposed to plough any money they make into the search costs ? I'm sure they're living in the lap of luxury thanks to their missing daughter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here