Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Or, perhaps its a smokescreen

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The intriguing thing is that if CMS goes to Leeds as seems probable, do we replace him with one player or two?

If it's two (the classic "little and large combo seems to be the intention) plus Barnes, then Toby in reserve and Hosky (if he stays once he is fit) then we would be going into the season very well equipped.
If it is just the one big striker and we are relying on Barnes with Hosky to return and Toby as back-up, we are rather walking the line in my opinion. One injury and we are screwed.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If CMS is going, surely we must have someone lined up? IMO decent player as Craig is, he just doesn't suit the way we play. I thought it was very noticeable that probably his best game in the latter part of last season was Watford at home, where they pressed us very high up the pitch and we were forced to knock balls into the channels for CMS to run after. He looked a lot better player, but the team performance was pretty poor that night. We need a mobile CF type player who can hold the ball up, bring others into play, but is also mobile enough to be able to compete for the old ball played over the top. I know we won't get him but someone who plays like BZ would be ideal...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fair to say if he went I would be gutted as he seems a top bloke...questions would have to be who would be the immediate replacement?

I suspect that the announcement of the incoming striker or (preferably) strikers would be made at the same time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here