Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I don't even know why we're debating Barnes, he scored more goals last season than CMS and is our most clinical striker?
He's still probably 4 or 5 years away from the prime of his career and is already basically a 15-a-season striker in the Championship.
I really don't understand how people can hate a player so much...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ashley Barnes Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN Soccernet

Barnes Last season
66 shots (39% of shots are on target)
26 on target (42.3% of shots on target are goals)
11 goals (16.7% of shots are goals)

Drogba:
100 shots (34% on target)
34 on target (38% on target result in goal)
13 goals (13% shots result in goal)

Rooney
157 shots (44.6% of shots are on target)
70 on target (38.6% of shots on target result in a goal)
27 goals (17.2% of shots result in a goal)

you sir are a friggin' star :bowdown:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
His point is that Brezovan would have scored last season had he been taking the penalties,penalties are given goals it does not matter who takes them,unless it`s Harley

If that is your belief then you are a bigger fool than I thought.............. or perhaps not

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
CMS is just not good enough. If we are offered anywhere near 2million i would snap Ken Bates hand off. Leeds would be crazy to do a straight swap with RM, i would be very happy with it though

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Dont you start,... leave me to my vitriolic hatred of all things Barnes...... Div 1 player,.... lets sell him to someone like Sheff Utd, get a bit of profit and thank gawd we have moved to a higher level player ( with a bit of luck).

yoo makes oi larf - yoom been too long wid dem low cals - 6 fingers still cant count :lol:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Cms must stay.... else we will be left with 'Barn door Barnes' who gets penalties and about 10 chances per goal..... A lot of those chances down to hustle activity from cms in the course of him charging about..... Replace Barnes with a more alert, efficient and skilled marksman and our goal tally will double...... ditch Barnes.

great idea ditch our top scorer who barely played as a striker all season... genius :facepalm:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Barnes was top scorer because of penalties that's my point,give cms the service and he'll bang in 20 no probs.

i have never wanted a player to suceed more than CMS - but he had lots of chances some sitters the burnely game at home really springs to mind. By the end of the season he looked completely lost. Saying he didnt get chances is not the case he certainly missed a hatful of chances.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe we need to free up CMS's wages to put towards the larger ones we'd need to fund a move for BZ

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
great idea ditch our top scorer who barely played as a striker all season... genius :facepalm:
Yep, he barely played like a striker,... thanks for the support...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If CMS leaves we will need two strikers not just a replacement. Simply getting a replacement will not be enough for next season with Hoskins' injury record.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If CMS goes for a better player then Id accept it but right now I dont want him going anywhere. As for Barnes...... not for less than 5 million. Considering he spent half the season being moved around I think he was brilliant.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Unless Gus feels Toby and Barker are ready to play a role of course. I would rather have one quality striker than two average ones.

It's TOBY TIME!!!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
.... Oh, I am sorry O guru of all things footy..... no I am not ... knob off,... Barnes is shit at this level and above...... bench man at best.... if he is lucky.

I think a lot of people, inlcuding me, have judged barnes on his performances from this midfield slot he played in last year. I think he can only be properly judged when he plays as a centre forward full time. He's not a midlfielder and has only 1 real position and thats a striker.
Personally i think if he doesnt play up front this year his game time will be seriouslly limited...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Macca is underachieving for us. I tend to think Becchio could cause the opposition more trouble.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think a lot of people, inlcuding me, have judged barnes on his performances from this midfield slot he played in last year. I think he can only be properly judged when he plays as a centre forward full time. He's not a midlfielder and has only 1 real position and thats a striker.
Personally i think if he doesnt play up front this year his game time will be seriouslly limited...
very solid view.... agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here