Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
FFS, he was by far their best player that day... up top on his own... and we were lucky he didn't score...

There was no way he was going to score. He was totally ineffective, worked really hard, ran his socks off, but never looked like he would score. Just like he is for us.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In your OPINION... Gus will get more out of CMS this season than last in my opinion... CMS is not the problem, the midfield WAS, but that issue has now been very much addressed... belatedly but thankfully...

You can't say that on here, you casually insinuate, by blaming the midfield, that some responsibility lies with 'he who's name should not be taken in vein' .... sir, you invite all manner of vitriolic responses...... "INCOMING"

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
this is such a ridiculous point, why do people keep repeating it? Gus wants us to get promoted, he doesn't give a shit which players we use to do it. If he decides he needs to make changes, then he will make changes. Do you really think he cares how it looks to you? If cms leaves and we get someone else in who shoots us to promotion, then how exactly would that make gus look bad?

And look bad to who? Not to his players, not to his boss, not to any potential future bosses, and not to the football world in general. It may come as a surprise to you, but he has no interest in what a load of people who've never played the game to any kind o level, who have nothing better to do than sit on an internet message board, think!

this!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and...

The Commander's stated assumption that we can just pluck a free-scoring striker out of thin air is amongst the biggest load of sh1t I've EVER read on here... we are struggling to bring in 1 striker, let alone 2! Please, please can the CMS-haters just get real...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In your OPINION... Gus will get more out of CMS this season than last in my opinion... CMS is not the problem, the midfield WAS, but that issue has now been very much addressed... belatedly but thankfully...

You really believe that don't you?

Yes, our midfield often had to shield our weak defense, but they did produce loads of chances for CMS - and he blew the vast majority of them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There was no way he was going to score. He was totally ineffective, worked really hard, ran his socks off, but never looked like he would score. Just like he is for us.

Yes, that's right... he played so badly, Gus signed him the following season...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You can't say that on here, you casually insinuate, by blaming the midfield, that some responsibility lies with 'he who's name should not be taken in vein' .... sir, you invite all manner of vitriolic responses...... "INCOMING"

LoL! No, Vicente was immense once he started playing, but our build up play was still too pedestrian IMHO... we need to get better at knowing when to speed up a la Swansea, and other teams who play a similar style...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Oh, and...

The Commander's stated assumption that we can just pluck a free-scoring striker out of thin air is amongst the biggest load of sh1t I've EVER read on here... we are struggling to bring in 1 striker, let alone 2! Please, please can the CMS-haters just get real...

Sorry, I DO NOT hate CMS, if you look at my posts, I have tried to be objective, and have praised he effort and work rate. I would have loved him to be a success at Championship level, but he has failed to be one with Posh, and now us. In my opinion, he lacks the necessary quality to beat the better quality defenses of Championship teams.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You really believe that don't you?

Yes, our midfield often had to shield our weak defense, but they did produce loads of chances for CMS - and he blew the vast majority of them.

Yes, I do believe the midfield was the bigger problem last season...

I wasn't counting, and he certainly missed some chances, like all strikers, even good ones... let's see what happens, shall we?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, I DO NOT hate CMS, if you look at my posts, I have tried to be objective, and have praised he effort and work rate. I would have loved him to be a success at Championship level, but he has failed to be one with Posh, and now us. In my opinion, he lacks the necessary quality to beat the better quality defenses of Championship teams.

Fair enough, but Posh were a poor team in that sesaon, and we created very few chances last season (was second fewest I believe)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2. If I were CMS and wanted to stay in Brighton, I'd probably be 'injured' now too.

What are you suggesting here... CMS is faking an injury so he isn't sold?!
----------

I can't believe we're having the same old debate and people are having a pop re CMS (one of the lgs best strikers imo) already! THE SEASON HASN'T STARTED YET!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He scored every week for Peterborough in League 1 but not in the Championship, which is why they got relegated.

The Peterborough videos show Macca as a much more accomplished and confident player, even shooting with his left foot and scoring on one occasion. So not only can he improve, but it looks like he has played better in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports