Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
cant say that im dissapointed. if we signed a suitable replacement i think it would be a step forward for the club. he'l never shine for us. hopefully we'll sign cox.

I think Gus'd rather someone big up top and whilst Cox isn't exactly small, i think on Gus' comments its someone different. Wouldn't be suprised to see Christian Stuani being the replacement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit surprising really. Bates still involved and their take over seems to be stalling, so cant be much money involved.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
If we sell CMS to another champo club hell bang the goals in next season and we will look like mugs.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Personally I will be GUTTED if CMS goes, I fking love the man and thought this would be his season with us

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I think Gus'd rather someone big up top and whilst Cox isn't exactly small, i think on Gus' comments its someone different. Wouldn't be suprised to see Christian Stuani being the replacement.

i know exactly what you mean and i agree a striker with presence is what we need. but i like cox because he's irish

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I really wish CMS was a bit of a DICK as it would make him going a little bit easier.

Sadly he is a SAINT and my heart will EXPLODE if he leaves me (i mean us).

But Gus knows what he's doing. Footballing reasons have to take the fore.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would be gutted to be honest.

Great guy with a brilliant attitude that rubs off on the fans and team and I really think he could have a good season now he's had a year to work with our system. Plus you just know he would bang the goals in for another Championship team like Leeds.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I really wish CMS was a bit of a DICK as it would make him going a little bit easier.

Sadly he is a SAINT and my heart will EXPLODE if he leaves me (i mean us).

But Gus knows what he's doing. Footballing reasons have to take the fore.

Yeah exactly, he just seems like such a nice guy and a model professional. I LOVE that he is always the last one on the pitch clapping all the fans.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Gus might just think he doesn't fit into our system and its best for CMS to go to somewhere where the style of play matches his. I did feel at times last season that he just isn't our kind of striker.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Would be gutted to be honest.

Great guy with a brilliant attitude that rubs off on the fans and team and I really think he could have a good season now he's had a year to work with our system. Plus you just know he would bang the goals in for another Championship team like Leeds.

I feel th e same way. I'd be very sad to see him go IF he does indeed leave. I do not think we have maximised his potential at all.

Pragmatically speaking I can see a logic in the move if Gus feels that CMS is not a good fit for our style of play, but I would be very disappointed about his departure.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Pleased if true, hopefully we can get a decent amount for him

Disagree - if we are making a signing today as rumoured I would rather it be the b2b midfielder that creates for others, and allows CMS to bang in 20+ goals!

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
If he wants to go then let him, there is no point keeping a player that does not want to play here anymore, no player is bigger than any club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here