Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mached betting?

Frank Dux

Jul 24, 2003
Reigate
i did the Arb betting. Put £200 in an account, used a site to get the bets - by the time the money clears - you can do maybe 3 bets in 2 weeks at around 1-2% a time. Using the free bets I quite quickly got up to around £800 (almost all using the offers) was a bit weird betting on 2nd division Romanian Basketball games but was fairly straight forward. Once I was at around £800 I bet on a tennis match in which someone got injured after 1 set. The 2 sites had different rules & one bet went to the winner & one to who was winning - sods law I lost both rather than won both as the person who was winning retired injured. So a) check small print & b) as someone said, if it was that easy at a bigger scale - you can imagine that someone would be doing it, on this scale or even there would be an 'Arb' Investment Fund. Worth doing for a quick £500 if you have the discipline to set up the accounts but I think the technology is fairly sophsiticated & even if not, a bet of £473.59 on Bucharest B would look unusual! & i think bookies can spot it & void a bet fairly easily.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Far easier way to make money is a simple good tip,
& here it is ;
I have sold York @ 8.4 on the 0 10 25 index away to Luton tonight. Just cannot see an away win so outcome is either a 1.6 hit for a draw or 8.4 pick for a likely home win

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As time goes on and the number of bookies willing to take my (non-arbing) bets decreases steadily, I'm increasingly inclined to see arbers as vermin. Like rats, they serve no obviously useful purpose and they help to spread the disease of risk-aversion on the part of the layers. They also seem to think they have a divine right to get on as much as they like whenever they choose, just so that they can lay it back on Betfair for a tick or two less, and then squeal like nobody's business if anyone tries to stop them, or points out that it's spoiling things for everyone else.
And sadly, no matter how hard you try to stamp them out, you never will.

I don't disagree. I was restricted by another high street bookmaker on Saturday after a sizeable bet on the Rugby ( Ireland minus 10). I now have more restricted accounts than I do those that operate normally, the problem being that any high bet, especially at best price, is instantly seen as an arb. The average punter is caught in the cross fire. For the record I don't arb and usually trade solely on betfair to try and keep my accounts live. I even throw in the odd yankee to help things.

My favourite arb moaners are those on twitter who have clearly gambled in thier other halves name and then moan back to whoever wont take thier bet that they can't get on. It's so obvious as Sue from Leicesters only tweets are about not getting on a price boost in the 4.30 ag Lingfield. All that does is re enforce the traders decision.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
so i had a good day on the channel 4 horse offers yesterday, managed to get a few bet365 free bet refunds and some betfair free bets. And for the fact i never arb, that is the first way of getting banned from bookmakers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here