Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maccabi Tel Aviv register Poyet interest

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Stoke don't want him. They've got doubts over his credential to manage at the highest level. It was in the papers yesterday. The suspension will make him damaged goods in this country.
I dont see how any premiership club would want him when you consider the managers around at the moment without clubs or looking to move clubs. If this story is true, it will be great for all involved.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why's that a big problem. I'm not aware that Barber is a difficult man to get along with. Poyet on the other hand is a very difficult man to get along with.

Have you not heard? Barber is the route of all evil (according to a few people on NSC who've never met him and have no idea what he does).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you not heard? Barber is the route of all evil (according to a few people on NSC who've never met him and have no idea what he does).[/QUOTE

People dont need to have met him to realize what he was brought in to do, just look at his record. He is a trouble shooter/hatchet man to clear up the income and expenditure and is not concerned about who gets hurt in the process provided he achieves the aims eg AITC. It is also worth noting that he doesn't stay anywhere very long he does what he is brought in to do and then moves on. I appreciate that what he does with regard to restricting the spending of money is important but I also think the prize at the end of the road for promotion is well worth aiming for, hence I believe this was the season that we were geared up for it with the loan signings. I think we may now have a couple of mediocre seasons to follow, but I hope that I am wrong.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Good.

We are screwed next season if this isn't sorted this week.

ESP with season beginning a week earlier!

Dougie Freedman took a team over half way through a season and turned them around into a challenger.

I'm sure as long as we have someone appointed in the next month or so we'll be fine if it's a good appointment.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Anybody else heard the rumour going around that the Poyet situation has been resolved and he left by mutual consent Friday, announcement to follow early part of this week. I'm not saying its true but heard it from another Albion fan. Just wondered if anyone else heard this?? Lets hope it's true and then we can move on

Yes I heard this over the weekend

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Anybody else heard the rumour going around that the Poyet situation has been resolved and he left by mutual consent Friday, announcement to follow early part of this week. I'm not saying its true but heard it from another Albion fan. Just wondered if anyone else heard this?? Lets hope it's true and then we can move on

What I've heard too !!!

Hopefully Gus goes to Maccabi and Oscar joins us !!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I heard another rumour over the weekend that ticks the "there must be something deeper to all this" box. No idea whether it's true but if it is, the sooner BHA and Gus Poyet are distanced from one another, the better. I wonder if any of us will ever hear the true version of what's been going on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I heard another rumour over the weekend that ticks the "there must be something deeper to all this" box. No idea whether it's true but if it is, the sooner BHA and Gus Poyet are distanced from one another, the better. I wonder if any of us will ever hear the true version of what's been going on.

I doubt many of the rest of us will ever hear about this.

We just have to trust Tony to do what is best for BHAFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here