Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M25 Speed Cameras

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont know how true it is but I am sure somebody will say whether it is but my son says that the cameras only work where and when the variable limit signs are on or if there are road works with an average speed limit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw them flash a few times between jct10 and the M4 going to Nottingham the variable sign was on for 50mph and a number of cars went past us faster and were flashed,obviously dont know if they got a ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The guidance on speed setting for cameras (which is observed in most areas BUT NOT Dorset or Wales) is speed limit +10% +2MPH so in a 30 the camera should trigger at 35MPH and a 70 limit at 79 MPH...... Most car speedos over-state your speed by 2 MPH (Stops people suing the manufacturers for speeding fines).

I have never heard anyone being ticketed on the Western VS zones however the 50 MPH cameras are live as you approach the Dartford crossing. I have had 14 of our drivers caught there..... the lowest speed that received a ticket there was 68MPH.

Dont know how true it is but I am sure somebody will say whether it is but my son says that the cameras only work where and when the variable limit signs are on or if there are road works with an average speed limit.

They are working both sides of the Dartford Crossing whether variable speed limit signs are on or not.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I didn't get a fine in the end thankfully. :clap:

However, on Saturday driving back up to Northwest London around the M25 the same thing happened - will I ever learn?! :down:

Hopefully they still aren't working! Worried about the comments re the new cameras though...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I don't know what everyone is worried about. I know a 'friend' who has regularly used the M40 to M23 stretch for years. Always sits at 90 mph and will happily go 10-15 mph over the variable limits. Never once been flashed or had a ticket.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't know what everyone is worried about. I know a 'friend' who has regularly used the M40 to M23 stretch for years. Always sits at 90 mph and will happily go 10-15 mph over the variable limits. Never once been flashed or had a ticket.

Thank you Mr Osbourne - at least the government coffers will now fill up :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here