Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M & S pander to this crazy world !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive been told to join another queue before ...due to having credit card, and no cash...Its because of Muslims of course.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes. Which is why i gave my opinion on it.
I may be wrong here but have Muslim shop owners not been selling bottles of wine, cigarettes and packets of bacon for the best part of 50 years in this country? and thankfully they'll all be open in the morning to get the stuff you forgot today.
A four pack of Stella and a packet of bacon makes an ideal last minute Christmas present.

They have indeed,i will be visiting my local one today for a final stock up on booze.I will leave with a heavy heart though as the owner will no doubt yet again give me a personalised christmas card only confirming i drink far too much.

D

Deleted member 22389

The year 2014 is nearly upon us.

And yet in these enlightened times there are still people on here (mostly through a misguided servitude to political leaning and political correctness as opposed to common sense)who feel not only the need to protect religious dogma but also blindly defend outdated religious thinking with the deluded idea they are being tolerant and progressive, defending the right of certain sections of society to promote ideas that are simply divisive and that have beliefs that should rightly have been consigned to the dustbin centuries ago.

It is plain to see who the fools are in this debate and they are trying very hard to take over the asylum.

Merry ****ing Christmas indeed

Your right. If people are not happy about serving certain foods because it is against their religion, then f**k off and work somewhere else.
If we keep going down this stupid road in this country things will just get worse.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes. Which is why i gave my opinion on it.
I may be wrong here but have Muslim shop owners not been selling bottles of wine, cigarettes and packets of bacon for the best part of 50 years in this country? and thankfully they'll all be open in the morning to get the stuff you forgot today.
A four pack of Stella and a packet of bacon makes an ideal last minute Christmas present.

They aren't all the bloody same, despite what you may think/

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Your right. If people are not happy about serving certain foods because it is against their religion, then f**k off and work somewhere else.

Its ok. M&S policy is making their workplace a better place...for muslims, Jews, Christians or anybody really.....damn them at M&S with their thoughtful, and considerate policies regarding their staff. Thats what happens when bloody immigrants start their business's in the UK.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If we keep going down this stupid road in this country things will just get worse.

Which road are you talking about?

How will things get worse?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ok then a compromise. Most supermarkets have between 8 and 20 tills. In the supermarkets that have 8 tills we could have one Muslim cashier only checkout, and perhaps 2/3 in the stores that have 20 checkouts.
Or, and i will run this by you, checkouts that just deal with Pork and Alcohol with a non Muslim cashier.
There would be no need for Jewish, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist etc checkouts because i don't think any of the cashiers of these religious persuasions have been offended.
There we go sorted.:):wink:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
they were not 'refused service'...they were invited to go to a different till, im sure.

yes you are right,they were only refused service at the one till and politely advised to use another.
This clearly makes it acceptable.It would be more helpful though if MS placed signs above highly moral religious types indicating that booze and bacon are not permitted to be sold in said isle,or at least encourage shoppers to racially profile checkout attendants before joining the queue.

divisive......nah not much

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not really, this is about M&S HR policies for their workers......

Muslims, Jews, and Chrisitians having the right to respect their religion...
I personally think all religion is shit, but if people want to be god botherers in various religions, ill defend their right.

What about Trekkies, they have religious rights too, you know?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
yes you are right,they were only refused service at the one till and politely advised to use another.
This clearly makes it acceptable.It would be more helpful though if MS placed signs above highly moral religious types indicating that booze and bacon are not permitted to be sold in said isle,or at least encourage shoppers to racially profile checkout attendants before joining the queue.

divisive......nah not much

If you read the 'story'....its not really a 'story'.....but if you read it...M&S have apologised for putting a Muslim in that position, because they didnt adhere to their own internal policies..but
carry on ranting if needs be.. ;-)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
...you sure its not muslims? haha

This is a non story for real though..... M&S have apologised for THEIR failure....and failing to follow their own company HR policy....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Again....this isnt about 'Muslims' Soulman...if you actually read the article, you wont look such a tit.

Obviously me and a lot of other posters are looking like tits then. If the story "isn't about Muslims" then why is it a Muslim that has been offended.......blimey i must have been reading an entirely different article, must have been about an Eskimo who refused to eat fish.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'A spokesperson for M&S said that it works closely with employees with specific beliefs that restrict what food or drink they can handle, but on this occasion it had to “regret” that it had not followed its own guidelines.
“Where we have an employee whose religious beliefs restrict food or drink they can handle, we work closely with our member of staff to place them in suitable role, such as in our clothing department or bakery in foods.'

Which bit dont you understand Soulman...ill try and walk you through it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here