Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Being local I went along today. We struggled early on with Wells not looking at all comfortable for his 0 off 7 overs. Joyce looked good until he got one that jumped off a length from Briggs. Wright and Brown batted very well for me and Hampshire look a bowler short, even Carberry got a go! We will still lose of course

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sussex still struggling along this morning... 326-6 (104 overs), Brown 91* and Shahzad 30* have somehow reached a 50 partnership.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex still struggling along this morning... 326-6 (104 overs), Brown 91* and Shahzad 30* have somehow reached a 50 partnership.
They have been incredibly lucky. If you take away partnerships involving Wright or Brown then Sussex are a more familiar 92-6 and looking at an innings defeat.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
347-6 and a Century for Ben Brown - well played. A shame we scored so slowly yesterday so just the 3 bonus points

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Clearly Hampshire are using this as practice for their bowlers to get them firing at the start of the season against our powderpuff batting 'attack', they can clearly bowl us out at will, but just want to get some overs under their belts in a 'competitive' game. It is a good strategy that will hold them in good stead later in the season.

Brown passes 100. 347-6.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a sad state of affairs when we're relying on second division Surrey cast-offs to keep us vaguely competitive. :nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The fat lady is already warming up her voice, the Hampshire CRUISE to victory starts here :nono:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Nice little bit of biased local commentating there......Sussex have a long tail

128/5 to 347/7

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Morning all! the new season is nearly upon us, and it's shaping up to be a real ding-dong at our end of the table with any number of two clubs vying for that second automatic relegation place and the chance to join us in a more competitive league next season. The long range weather forecasts are in, and I expect our openers to be out in response. So wickets are the name of the game and I would recommend getting down to Eastbourne to watch Matthew Prior, Charlie Russell, and the rest of the Martlets spread their wings and flap about for foreseeable Spring/Summer/Autumn.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many overs are allowed to score the batting bonus points this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here