Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
182/5 Tea

Reasonable little recovery there. Nash, Wells and Yardy need to perform this year if we're going to get anywhere.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pietersen passes 150 against Oxford uni. Cue the calls for an England call up.

This will run and run this year, however he needs to perform consistently, not just against students, plus his knee needs to be shown to hold up over the 5 days of a Test. Remember this is a man who wanted to play less Test Cricket as he thought he would ruin his knees at the expense of his 20/20 contracts. If he could shut up with the Twitter crap as well that might help his cause.

Personally I think he is an odious self publicist knob living on past glories but, if he score tons of runs and keeps his mouth shut he should be allowed another crack.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sussex finally claw their way to a Bonus Point!

A moral victory to get this done on the First Day I reckon.....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I know it is a different form of cricket, but how is Wright not given more of a chance in the ODI squad?

As much as i love watching Luke bat in all forms of the game , i think he has been given a fair crack at it and apart from a few good knocks early in his england career he has underperfomed in a England shirt .

But you only have to look at his batting last season to see he has improved due to not being asked to bowl , so perhaps those in charge may now take one more look at him now he is concentrating on his batting , and they could do a lot worse .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad he could not make three figures but a very important knock, it keeps us in the game any way.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As much as i love watching Luke bat in all forms of the game , i think he has been given a fair crack at it and apart from a few good knocks early in his england career he has underperfomed in a England shirt .

But you only have to look at his batting last season to see he has improved due to not being asked to bowl , so perhaps those in charge may now take one more look at him now he is concentrating on his batting , and they could do a lot worse .

One of the VERY few English Cricketers to regularly play in the Big Bash he should be in the T20 team without a doubt.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This will run and run this year, however he needs to perform consistently, not just against students, plus his knee needs to be shown to hold up over the 5 days of a Test. Remember this is a man who wanted to play less Test Cricket as he thought he would ruin his knees at the expense of his 20/20 contracts. If he could shut up with the Twitter crap as well that might help his cause.

Personally I think he is an odious self publicist knob living on past glories but, if he score tons of runs and keeps his mouth shut he should be allowed another crack.

I agree with all you say here. Unfortunately I fear he is now just not good enough for international cricket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here