Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Rabia School 'undermining British values' in treatment of girls

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All of which I condemn.

Are you willing to condemn Breivik, David Copeland or Ian Forman ?

Of course, i condemn killing of innocent people, but your Breivik comparison was limp. Breivik was not a Christian, he was a nutter, ONE nutter against thousands of Muslim extremists who are killing, raping, not only their own but others.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
All of which I condemn.

Are you willing to condemn Breivik, David Copeland or Ian Forman ?
im incredulous that you can even ask that question, are you honestly that blinkered that you think people who hold views to the right of yours or who are concerned over the rise of Islam in this country would support these people ? Really ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Two easy answers. No faith schools of any description and no independent schools, ie all schools revert to local government management. However, both Labour and the Conservatives seem to think that faith schools and independent schools will improve the quality of education.

Oh, and the OP's concerns about sexism are touching when he recently opined about the value of putting paper bags over woman's faces.....

I'll agree with you on the first count - religious brainwashing should be left at home and in places of worship, not carried out at school. The second about independent schools, no I'm afraid. Even at the most basic level, people sending their children to private school free up state school places, make for smaller classes and effectively into the state sector educational system but don't use the money.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Obviously ISIS and Boko Haram are in their thousands - but it doesn't take much to understand why these terrorist groups came to be, considering what has happened in the Middle East over the last 13 years, or the circumstances in Nigeria that led to Boko Haram.

...but yet you will blame Islam anyway.

ISIS have proclaimed a worldwide caliphate,Boko Haram have declared an Islamic caliphate in the state of Borno

if not Islam which religion do you associate with a caliphate?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It should be pointed out that we do have failing state schools, failing indepenedent schools, and failing schools in predominately white areas. What we have not had until now is a failing school on the grounds of sexism and religous indoctrination. Don't try to cover up the facts with your ever so polite way of not denouncing alien Islamic practices.

Well we had the Trojan Horse report from last summer.

"Mr Gove told MPs that in one school terms such as “white prostitute” - unsuitable for primary pupils to hear - were used in an assembly run exclusively by Muslim staff.
In another, the school invited an outside speaker Sheikh Shady al-Suleiman despite the fact he had been reported to say: “Give victory to the Muslims in Afghanistan .. give victory to all the Mujahideen all over the world. Oh Allah, prepare us for the jihad.”
The Ofsted report on one of the schools, Saltley, also revealed how governors had hired private investigators to go through senior staff members’ emails.
Sir Michael added that the curriculum in some of the schools was “too narrow” and that boys and girls were not treated equally.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...culture-of-fear-and-intimidation-9515306.html

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
One nutter indeed, like the one nutter who beheaded Lee Rigby - you're absolutely right to not demonise an entire group of people based on the actions of one nutter.

Obviously ISIS and Boko Haram are in their thousands - but it doesn't take much to understand why these terrorist groups came to be, considering what has happened in the Middle East over the last 13 years, or the circumstances in Nigeria that led to Boko Haram.

...but yet you will blame Islam anyway.

There were 2 w@nkers involved with Lee Rigby. And if you're going to call yourself Islamic State, there's a fair chance that Islam/Muslims are going to get blamed for the atrocities carried out in that name.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is a coincidence that these atrocities are being carried out by Islamists - just as it was a coincidence Pol Pot, Stalin, Kim Jung un were atheists. Or that the Rwandan genocide was carried out by Christians, or the Cambodian genocides were carried out by Buddhists, and so on.

Awful groups commit terrible atrocities all the time. Due to the war and violence in the Middle East over the last decade, THIS time it's Muslims. It's a geopolitical problem, both Boko Haram and ISIS want political power above all, they are merely using Islam as an excuse.

Of course they want political power,they want to be top dogs in the area.But to say Islam is an excuse and a coincidence is laughable.

Islam is the very thing that drives their ambitions.Their version of how people should live,be controlled and conduct their everyday existence is found primarily through Islam.

There are enough clues staring you straight in the face that would point you to this conclusion.

Why you continue to bury your head in the sand when presented with this reality is beyond me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It really is time for people to stop making the association between Jihadist terrorists in war-torn or poverty-stricken countries, and the regular Muslim people of the West. The ignorance and lack of context would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

i have looked again at this thread and cant see who has associated Jihadist terrorists with regular muslims of the west.

perhaps you could point me in the direction of all the specific posts

D

Deleted member 22389

Of course they want political power,they want to be top dogs in the area.But to say Islam is an excuse and a coincidence is laughable.

Islam is the very thing that drives their ambitions.Their version of how people should live,be controlled and conduct their everyday existence is found primarily through Islam.

There are enough clues staring you straight in the face that would point you to this conclusion.

Why you continue to bury your head in the sand when presented with this reality is beyond me.

Seems to me some people are trying to impose a more hard line version of Islam in this country too, by exploiting our own system and democracy. Whilst a number of us can see what is slowly going on here, there still remains a large majority who can't and would rather revert to calling people names.

Think the bottom line is, if people are not happy with this country then they should pack up and live in a country that 100% adheres to their own values. People shouldn't expect to come here and live by their own rules or values anyway, because where religion is concerned it is always going to clash with things like equal opportunities, women rights and so on, and this school thread is just another example of why these issues keep being raised over and over again.

Camicus

Seems to me some people are trying to impose a more hard line version of Islam in this country too, by exploiting our own system and democracy. Whilst a number of us can see what is slowly going on here, there still remains a large majority who can't and would rather revert to calling people names.

Think the bottom line is, if people are not happy with this country then they should pack up and live in a country that 100% adheres to their own values. People shouldn't expect to come here and live by their own rules or values anyway, because where religion is concerned it is always going to clash with things like equal opportunities, women rights and so on, and this school thread is just another example of why these issues keep being raised over and over again.

While I agree with you..... Some of our muslim brothers and sisters are 3rd and 4th generation now. What would you suggest we do with them?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
While I agree with you..... Some of our muslim brothers and sisters are 3rd and 4th generation now. What would you suggest we do with them?
Well if they are 3rd/4th or whatever generation then they really ought to be far more educated on British values and our way of life.. Really there's no excuse for ignorance. Muslims should fit in with us and not the other way around.We are a tolerant nation

Camicus

Well if they are 3rd/4th or whatever generation then they really ought to be far more educated on British values and our way of life.. Really there's no excuse for ignorance. Muslims should fit in with us and not the other way around.We are a tolorant nation
Don't even get me started. I live in Bradford

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As far as I am aware Anders Breivik murdered at least 77 people in Norway. The Islamists will need to pull their fingers out to catch up with him.
That's precisely the misplaced even-handedness I was talking about. You're like a climate-change denier desperately pointing at a snowy Sussex landscape and saying "See? It's a myth!"

D

Deleted member 22389

For the 3rd and 4th generation, there is nothing we could do with them. They are British. Should we not however be sending the message out loud and clear to anyone who wants to come and live in this country that our values hold, and if your religion and culture tells you something different, then sorry the UK is really not the place for you. I'm talking specifically in the case of this school, women rights, equal opportunities.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

There is indeed.

Whilst there is no way in hell this country is ever going to become a Sharia Jihadist State(and no serious person believes this is possible no matter how much the Choudrays of this world want it) there is a very worrying upsurge in "radical" or ultra conservative Islamic thinking in this country that is slowly creeping in by stealth in many aspects of our society.The abuses in the school system is just one example, muslim patrols in London another,there are countless other examples which on their own might appear trivial and isolated but when viewed as a whole concerns me. It should also worry muslims in this country who dont subscribe to the more radical conservative aspect of their religion.

I have lived through times in this country when people have been scared of the IRA and nuclear war but in my opinion the threat of radical islam today is the greatest threat we have ever faced in modern times.Not because of the terrorist threat in the Uk from extremists(this can be beaten),not because of knobs like Hamza or Choudary(they can be beaten as well)but its a creeping thinking ideology and values from a section of society that seems hell bent on confrontation with British values......and i am concerned they will achieve their aim with the consequence of massive civil unrest.

I would like to think its not a large majority who cant see whats going on but rather a vocal minority. The growing number of news articles on the subject and even threads on NSC would suggest to even the biggest apologist there are concerns in this country and yet you are right there are still individuals who will try to silence complainers and portray anyone who raises these concerns as bigots or racists.

One thing is for certain there is no way in hell its even possible for moderate muslims and non muslims to join together and to address this problem if there continues to be planks denying it,burying their head in the sand and saying oh well "these extremists are not really muslims anyway"

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For the 3rd and 4th generation, there is nothing we could do with them. They are British. Should we not however be sending the message out loud and clear to anyone who wants to come and live in this country that our values hold, and if your religion and culture tells you something different, then sorry the UK is really not the place for you. I'm talking specifically in the case of this school, women rights, equal opportunities.
despite what they say to these polls a lot of them don't see themselves as British, a Pakistani (born and brought up here) I worked with told me that they will always see themselves as Pakistani first and foremost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here