Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luton forum (avenue of evil)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The thought of visiting Luton for even few hours sends a shiver down my spine, it’s a hideous snivelling hovel full of Neanderthal types who still live in the 1970s, can’t wait to metaphorically bend them over and go in dry.

Something like that?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A bit of humility needed here? Hereford, Gillingham, Withdean, etc etc….. we’ve come a long way but we have no right to act like Leeds fans now
No. But this is what their Chairman said about their first fixture of the season to Sky "(the game against Brighton is) Relatively kind I think, it could have been much worse".

It could have been worse (Man City) but much worse? Cheeky.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Relatively OT, but how do they play? My first guess would be that coming from lower leagues they'd position in a low block, but obviously I have no idea. If that were the case though, you really shouldn't underestimate them since that type of tactic is what's caused you the most problems. Unless their players are really of an abysmal level of course.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No one is underestimating them. They will be pumped up and first games for new clubs can generate unexpected results, even against the best. But I suspect their perception of Brighton is a little out of date. Their chairman was referencing the last time they played us in the top tier (40 years ago) and a Johnson's Paint Trophy win in 2009.

As for their style of play. I saw them twice last season (on tv). It will be a low block and thumping the ball forward.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. But this is what their Chairman said about their first fixture of the season to Sky "(the game against Brighton is) Relatively kind I think, it could have been much worse".

It could have been worse (Man City) but much worse? Cheeky.
To be fair, I visited their forum last night having seen this thread, and one of the few things I read was a thread titled "Relatively Kind"...

The opening post reads:

"Sweet using those words to describe our opening game vs Brighton is a bit naive. Brighton were one of the best footballing sides in the league last season with the 3rd highest possession stats and 4th in home goals. Brighton have the ability to wipe the floor with us. It is far from being a kind opening fixture, it couldnt have been much tougher in fact."​
...and someone else clarified the statement:

"He was talking about tbe first few fixtures which could have been a lot tougher."​

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think very few will be underestimating Luton,thiose that do may be in for a rude awakening. as has been often said "there are no easy games in this league"
Whist its entirley possible we will "wipe the floor with them" they will be very pumped for this game, we all know that we can struggle against the more physical approach that championship teams can use

For Luton this is a huge match-not because its against us-but its their first match in the Premier League- it could well set the tone for their first month or so. A heavy demoralising loss will knock their confidence, so i expect a very hard fought battle. This could be a frustrating game and we need to be at our best. A good start and a goal in the first twenty mins will settle our new season nerves, and then we will be ok, however if things arent going Brightons way in the first half hour, Lutons confidence will grow and we will be pressed hard

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Relatively OT, but how do they play? My first guess would be that coming from lower leagues they'd position in a low block, but obviously I have no idea. If that were the case though, you really shouldn't underestimate them since that type of tactic is what's caused you the most problems. Unless their players are really of an abysmal level of course.
Last season they basically booted the ball up to a nine foot two striker who tried to hold the ball up for a load of midgets to catch up.
Excellent at dead ball situations though
They were pretty successful with these tactics

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My last visit to Luton was in the paint pot semi final where their fans decided to all come over to the away end and celebrate getting to the final in front of us. Lovely bunch Luton fans should be interesting next season.

View attachment 162331
So, we give them 3,000 tickets, but how many travel? Could be interesting in town centre pubs…….

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Could go either we way now we have sold off the best midfield pair we have ever had. Maybe we won’t be watching the Albion side we are used to or maybe it will better who knows :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Saw them a few times last season on TV. I would describe them as plucky.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
My last visit to Luton was in the paint pot semi final where their fans decided to all come over to the away end and celebrate getting to the final in front of us. Lovely bunch Luton fans should be interesting next season.

View attachment 162331
Do remember significant number of our fans doing the to Swindon fans at Withdean after the semifinal back in 2004...

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
lol, I had to check too, the name 'Avenue of Evil' intrigued me, and the comments on here about how bad the forum was.
Just imagine STILL being annoyed about something Leon Knight did, what? 2 decades ago?? And this is revenge??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Jesus wept.
2 words.....Scott McLeish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here