Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luke McCormick back at Plymouth

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was my point, im not saying if he wasnt plastered, 4 years is ok, but the fact he drove home drunk, thats my issue.

i have to admit, i have never driven over the limit, the most i have ever consumed is 4 weak shandys over a night, 3/4 lemonade in the glass, and i dont tend to go out if i have work the next day, as, although im only 24, i fooking hate hangovers and usually have to drive vans at work, and dont want to get caught, otherwise ill lose my license

Like you i have never driven over the limit ...I'm not one for drinking a lot when out (did enough of that when young..when i cudnt drive) and my job would be stuffed if i lost my license ...its interesting though judge said 4 years...simster says 7...some call for life...there are obviously guidelines as to what should be given...i am just glad i dont have to do it

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I too have NEVER driven whilst over the LIMIT

*sits back smugly whilst thinking he's just made a profound revelation....*

I wonder how far he planned to drive? So many people think "it's only a mile or two, I'll be OK", not realising that 90% of journeys are for this sort of distance anyway.

Indeed 30 years ago this was very normal thinking. Back in the 90s, most drink drivers were middle aged people who grew up learning to drive in a different time where the roads were half empty and didn't think anything of it.

And good for you staying within the law - but you'd be an idiot not to if your livelihood depended on your driving license!

If I remember correctly, it was about 200 miles home from the party he was at to get back to his girlfriend.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Like you i have never driven over the limit ...I'm not one for drinking a lot when out (did enough of that when young..when i cudnt drive) and my job would be stuffed if i lost my license ...its interesting though judge said 4 years...simster says 7...some call for life...there are obviously guidelines as to what should be given...i am just glad i dont have to do it

No I haven't, I have a personal alcohol license as part of my job, if I get a criminal record, that's gone, along with my driving license.
I'm not stupid enough to risk it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be pedantic, he did actually get seven years (and four months) for his sentence. As with all prisoners, he serves half of that and is then released on licence (if he commits any other offences while on licence he's recalled to prison to serve the rest of it).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"it's only a mile or two, I'll be OK", not realising that 90% of journeys are for this sort of distance anyway.

90%? Seriously? So most of the country are, basically, lazy shits?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, yes they are.

Dear oh dear. No wonder the nation is getting fatter if people cant be arsed to walk such short distances. I never realised it was this bad. My limited time at the wheel made me realise what a short tempered and impatient bunch drivers are...but this 90% is some revelation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That was my point, im not saying if he wasnt plastered, 4 years is ok, but the fact he drove home drunk, thats my issue.

i have to admit, i have never driven over the limit, the most i have ever consumed is 4 weak shandys over a night, 3/4 lemonade in the glass, and i dont tend to go out if i have work the next day, as, although im only 24, i fooking hate hangovers and usually have to drive vans at work, and dont want to get caught, otherwise ill lose my license

You drive a van! Can you, hand on heart, say you have never ever answered a call from you boss or manager whilst you are on the road? Judging by most van drivers you see on the roads, you would be in a very small minority if you say you haven't.

I wonder how far he planned to drive? So many people think "it's only a mile or two, I'll be OK", not realising that 90% of journeys are for this sort of distance anyway.

Indeed 30 years ago this was very normal thinking. Back in the 90s, most drink drivers were middle aged people who grew up learning to drive in a different time where the roads were half empty and didn't think anything of it.

And good for you staying within the law - but you'd be an idiot not to if your livelihood depended on your driving license!

If I remember correctly, it was about 200 miles home from the party he was at to get back to his girlfriend.

As I understood it, he was not planning to drive as he was at a wedding and had a room for the night. He only got in the car and drove because he had a phone call with his girlfriend and there were problems so he made the stupid decision to drive home to sort it out!

As Edna said, the judge did say 7!

As I understood it, he was not planning to drive as he was at a wedding and had a room for the night. He only got in the car and drove because he had a phone call with his girlfriend and there were problems so he made the stupid decision to drive home to sort it out!

OK, that makes it all alright then.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
You drive a van! Can you, hand on heart, say you have never ever answered a call from you boss or manager whilst you are on the road? Judging by most van drivers you see on the roads, you would be in a very small minority if you say you haven't.

!

Nope, we have Bluetooth in all our vans

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As Edna said, the judge did say 7!

U mentioned something about van drivers taking calls..are we wandering on to a different topic? If so I don't think you can just label them (and I am one) ..I see plenty of car/lorry drivers doing likewise ..and people shouldn't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here