Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Ayling

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brighton supporters have no right to complain about other fans chanting homophobic insults if they themselves continue to behave in the way in which they did at Yeovil yesterday. If people get offended by chants of does your boyfriend know you're here, we can see you holding hands or stand up because you can't sit down, firstly they should stop chanting these things themselves. I'm going to take this matter up with the club.

Remember where the chanting came from if you are complaining, don't blame the packed out terrace of well behaved Albion fans.
I wouldn't bother myself, i don't think its worth complaining about.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I saw what he did and to be honest the over-reaction by some of the Brighton fans was a lot more embarrassing. If you can't take it back then don't dish it out maybe?

You know what? I used to be embarrassed by the fact that our supporters didn't use to react to racist incidents and just accepted that it was 'harmless'.
If Ayling had given back what he got then that might have been acceptable but he didn't - he crossed into another area.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
let's not bother cheering on the Albion, let's concentrate on scanning every non playing person in the stadium and try and contrive something that might get them into trouble - hang on, why bother going to a football match at all? Why not save yourself £30 and go up Churchill Square insult someone and then hope they react with something non PC? Then run to a coppper.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wasn't there. Wouldn't be offended by it. Pretty dull and unfunny comeback though.

Is he related to the late, great BHAExpress? I take it he wasn't, as there was no mother insinuation.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You know what? I used to be embarrassed by the fact that our supporters didn't use to react to racist incidents and just accepted that it was 'harmless'.
If Ayling had given back what he got then that might have been acceptable but he didn't - he crossed into another area.

Right so it would be acceptable for him to walk up to individuals in the crowd and call them a cvnt and a vvanker would it? But pointing at his bum is crossing a line? What planet do you live on?

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Right so it would be acceptable for him to walk up to individuals in the crowd and call them a cvnt and a vvanker would it? But pointing at his bum is crossing a line? What planet do you live on?

I didn't say that - but the point that I was responidng to was that our supporters shouldn't complain cos they were only getting back what they had given whereas I suggested that they were actually getting back something different.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I didn't say that - but the point that I was responidng to was that our supporters shouldn't complain cos they were only getting back what they had given whereas I suggested that they were actually getting back something different.

No the point was you can't be offended as a group unless the offence relates to the characteristics of the group as a whole - and you can't really be offended by proxy, being offended on behalf of all of the gay people that weren't present.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Cantona physically assaults a supporter and people on here still applaud it and sing his name.

A player points to his bum hole and some (not all) on here are in uproar.

That sums up the craziness of messageboards quite well.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What exactly is a hello sailor gesture? Waving at the fans whilst miming hoisting the sails? He should have done im a little teapot instead. Mind you had i been there i would have felt so incensed if id seen the teapot gesture utilized that i may have been left with no option but to don my specially made webbed-hands gloves and furiously waved both hands right back at him
AAWWW! That's a bit harsh...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not read a signle post on this thread other than a brief description of what happened.

But I can bet on my LIFE that someone has used the word:

BANTAAAAA

Its just FACKING BANTER INNIT.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't see it - we were at the far left of the terrace and I personally wouldn't be offended.

But, the simple matter of the fact is players can't just do what has been described.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here