Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Ayling

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
I saw what he did and to be honest the over-reaction by some of the Brighton fans was a lot more embarrassing. If you can't take it back then don't dish it out maybe?

Fully agree,I was right by the incident and wasn't offended whatsoever,some of our fans on the other hand are embarrassing,running and crying to the stewards demanding he be arrested,thrown out and sent off!!!
In his defence he got called the C word repeatedly,a wanker and took lots of abuse from our lot.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I wish people would grow up, you can't call someone a w****r etc and not expect some abuse back and crying to the police to get a player done is out of order too.

If this goes on eventually there will be no banter, chants or singing of any kind. I don't think that anyone should be able to complain unless the abuse is directed at an individual specifically or at a group that is identified specifically.
People could still be prosecuted for specific comments even if aimed generally but at least it would stop the pathetic whimpers of people who like to be upset and aggrieved on the behalf of others!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone who's ever suffered non-physical bullying will tell you that that saying is just a load of bollocks.

Anyone who's suffered physical bullying will tell you that the saying is spot on. People need thicker skin.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think the authorities are sensitive about most things aren't they ?

I think in this case the people most upset are the ones who like to be offended when it suits them

If opposition fans ask if my boyfriend knows I'm here when I don't have one I'm as offended as they are if I ask the whereabouts of their fathers.

Even if I was gay I don't think I would be offended in a crowd of 2000 at a football match , but maybe in the street on my own

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think the authorities are sensitive about most things aren't they ?

No they really aren't. It's only gets sensitive when people like you report every minor incident that takes place in or around the ground.

The next time an away goalie comes to the Amex please don't hurl abuse at him just in case there's a slight chance he might react in good nature.The poor goalie might think it's banter(like most sensible people would) and wouldn't expect the Pepperpot's of this world go running for help to see action taken against him.

Brighton supporters have no right to complain about other fans chanting homophobic insults if they themselves continue to behave in the way in which they did at Yeovil yesterday. If people get offended by chants of does your boyfriend know you're here, we can see you holding hands or stand up because you can't sit down, firstly they should stop chanting these things themselves. I'm going to take this matter up with the club.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Brighton supporters have no right to complain about other fans chanting homophobic insults if they themselves continue to behave in the way in which they did at Yeovil yesterday. If people get offended by chants of does your boyfriend know you're here, we can see you holding hands or stand up because you can't sit down, firstly they should stop chanting these things themselves. I'm going to take this matter up with the club.

I beginning to suspect you are not really a vicar- are you?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
No they really aren't. It's only gets sensitive when people like you report every minor incident that takes place in or around the ground.

The next time an away goalie comes to the Amex please don't hurl abuse at him just in case there's a slight chance he might react in good nature.The poor goalie might think it's banter(like most sensible people would) and wouldn't expect the Pepperpot's of this world go running for help to see action taken against him.

But I have never reported such incidents..... and I wasn't offended.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I think in this case the people most upset are the ones who like to be offended when it suits them

If opposition fans ask if my boyfriend knows I'm here when I don't have one I'm as offended as they are if I ask the whereabouts of their fathers.

Even if I was gay I don't think I would be offended in a crowd of 2000 at a football match , but maybe in the street on my own

Likewise

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Happened near enough right in front of me.

Not offended by it and to be honest it was more hilarious if anything. Just a young footballer being a bit silly.

Had someone called him a monkey however.......

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wish people would grow up, you can't call someone a w****r etc and not expect some abuse back and crying to the police to get a player done is out of order too.

This. It's absolutely pathetic but far from the first time it's happened from our fans.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Happened near enough right in front of me.

Not offended by it and to be honest it was more hilarious if anything. Just a young footballer being a bit silly.

Had someone called him a monkey however.......

however what? there's the point - was calling Gareth Bale a chimp racist?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was shocked that he actually did it ! He must have known that a player can get himself into trouble for that.

He must be a bit simple to do it considering Roy Hodgson mentioned a word which was taken out of context and seen as racist and the media now on the look out for racist or homophobic incidents connected to the game.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

massive JCL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here