Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That sums it up for me. He's obviously a bit mental when he goes on a football pitch. The biting thing is just, well, weird. Don't actually believe he's a racist myself, seems a bit bizarre when he has black members of his own family.

Off the pitch though, do we ever hear about him? Nope.

On the pitch he is my 100% favourite type of footballer. His kind of skills are what I watch the game to see.

Agreed, I'd put him in the top three footballers I have seen play against the Albion. Dalglish and of course Wilfred Zaha are the other two.

He's done a few dumb things, but he's not out and out evil. Charlie Oatway has been a bit stupid in his past and paid the price for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you like football how can you not stand back in awe at Suarez ability to find the back of the net? I have no interest in whether he'd make a good mate or whether he has some odd habits and views.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Uruguay are a one-man team. We are a no-man team. This is why we lost last night.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The word 'most' means the majority. The majority of players haven't bitten other players or have racism complaints made in relation to them.

I was being flippant when I said most (they don't come across very well), but you don't think Suarez is a cock and he did do those things.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was being flippant when I said most (they don't come across very well), but you don't think Suarez is a cock and he did do those things.

Fair enough, I've played sport with people who are the total opposite off the pitch to the way they behave on it though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can only judge Suarez by his actions on the pitch. Good player, but ever since that goal line save against Ghana, I've thought he was a cock. His subsequent conduct with Liverpool has only reinforced that view.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm confused - so he's hit back at the people who complained about him being racist - for which he received a conviction? OK then, Luis...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
today he has laired up england as a nation and also said Roy's comments inspired him.....when i read Roy's comments on LS a few days ago i thought i wasa terrible thing to say [that LS is not world class].

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Thats right up there with your best posts Hybrid,.... you are a star.

facepalm.....grrrrr. ;-)

but he didn't really play well.....just scored two amazing goals when the defence lapsed.

i really was confident England would win........mare.

and i don't even think it was a conspiracy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That sums it up for me. He's obviously a bit mental when he goes on a football pitch. The biting thing is just, well, weird. Don't actually believe he's a racist myself, seems a bit bizarre when he has black members of his own family.

Off the pitch though, do we ever hear about him? Nope.

On the pitch he is my 100% favourite type of footballer. His kind of skills are what I watch the game to see.

This. I don't think he is a racist either. He is, and I don't mean this in a nasty way, simple and uneducated and from a pretty poor background. Watching him is like watching an excited and very talented kid play football - always wants the ball, always giving it 100%, gets pissed with his team-mates when they don't pass to him etc. Also seems to have learned his lessons (for now at least). Could watch him all day. We simply don't have anyone with his talent in our pool of players.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The FA charged him from the evidence they had from Evra.
I think Luis gave evidence too. I could get this very wrong here: didn't he admit referring to Evra as a negro, and that he saw nothing wrong with that, as it wasn't a racist term in his country?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Luis gave evidence too. I could get this very wrong here: didn't he admit referring to Evra as a negro, and that he saw nothing wrong with that, as it wasn't a racist term in his country?

That's what Gus said when he waded in, not sure if Suarez did.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He didn't though. The law didn't get involved.
The FA charged him from the evidence they had from Evra.

The FA charged him, which is kinda the football world equivalent of a conviction. He was found guilty and punished accordingly.

He was successfully charged with racism, and he's complaining that people didn't like him for it. SLIGHT victim mentality, perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here