Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Enrique...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He kept West Ham in the prem, which is more than the bloke that followed him done and keeping Charlton in the prem punching above their weight for years was no mean feat.

Don't forget at West ham he had the Icelandic money and signed Bellamy, Ljunberg and Dyer - all fairly injury prone..... If you remember Pardew followed and did the same.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Failure? Please expand

From Wiki:-
Coaching career
Barcelona B

On 18 June 2008 Luis Enrique returned to Barcelona, taking over the reins of the B team, renamed Barcelona Atlètic for that season.[8] As he succeeded longtime Barça teammate Pep Guardiola, he stated: "I have come home", and "I finished playing here and now I will start coaching here."; as his predecessor he too eventually had success, helping the club return to division two in his second season, after an absence of 11 years.

In mid-March 2011, Enrique announced his departure from Barcelona B at the end of the season, despite still having two years left on his contract.[9] He led the side to the playoffs, but it was ineligible for promotion.
Roma

On 8 June 2011, Enrique reached an agreement with Serie A club A.S. Roma to become the Giallorossi's new head coach. He signed a two-year contract, being joined by a staff of four members, including Iván de la Peña, who played two years for crosstown rivals S.S. Lazio, as technical collaborator.[10]

Roma was eliminated from the UEFA Europa League by ŠK Slovan Bratislava, amidst great discussion of the substitution of legendary Francesco Totti by Stefano Okaka Chuka. The capital club also lost their first game in the league against Cagliari Calcio, making it just the third time that it lost the opener in 18 years.[11]

Even though he still had one year in his link running, Luis Enrique decided to leave Roma at the end of the season, after the club failed to qualify for any European competition.[12][13]

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From Wiki:-

Thanks for telling what I know about his managerial career my question to you was how is he a failure? Barca B did as well as they could. Roma I'm not sure what went on or how they have done since he left but I'm not sure he can be classified as a 'failure' unless you know different

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Luis Enrique would be an outstanding appointment,would fit seamlessly into our passing game and also keep the Spanish speakers happy.

I am really not worried about that as a factor in the next manager's appointment. Hopefully, we will not have such a dominance from them. We need to strengthen both physically and mentally. The only one I would be upset at seeing go is Ulloa.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Spanish Dave MUST be kept at all costs. I could live without Bruno and Orlandi (although I rate them). Calderon will stay.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I think Enrique would be a good appoint... With his reputation in game he'd be able to attract some decent players and with barca background continue the poyet passing game and build on it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
There's a surprise.

I imagine the pair of them sat at home with a dulux colour chart and pictures of potential managers screaming " We can't have him he's a warm terracotta and i ain't happy going beyond autumn straw"

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Thanks for telling what I know about his managerial career my question to you was how is he a failure? Barca B did as well as they could. Roma I'm not sure what went on or how they have done since he left but I'm not sure he can be classified as a 'failure' unless you know different

He wasn't a failure at Roma, Roma is a club that is impossible to manage and hasn't had a solid finish in the league in years. Its attack is incredible but its defense is an absolute joke, this is what Luis Enrique took over and he tried to improve the defence however it would have taken more than a year and there were disputes with the ownership and players that were fighting amongst themselves. He dropped Totti which caused him alot of hassle..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd be happy with Luis Enrique. Not only because he'd be a decent appointment but because I had a tenner on at 66-1

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Luis Enrique Martinez Garcia, could you get a more Spanish name?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am really not worried about that as a factor in the next manager's appointment. Hopefully, we will not have such a dominance from them. We need to strengthen both physically and mentally. The only one I would be upset at seeing go is Ulloa.

I wonder if wherever Poyet turns up, he will put a bid in for Ulloa. If we could turn a quick profit on him and the new man buys someone proven in the championship, it may not be all bad. Think Calderon and Orlandi speak good enough English, Lopez will probably go and not to bothered about Saltor tbh, think he is quite poor defensively.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Some of you generally think Alan Curb is better than Luis Enrique :facepalm: Jesus f'ing Christ, just as bad as Darren ferguson IMO.

This.

The Spanish style an influence is imprinted in the club and we would be foolish to change that, much like Swansea. Luis Enrique has ALWAYS been my choice as we have no chance with RDM, as he is of course friends with Gus and since it has came to a shitty (no, not like that) end - i cant see him wanting to come here.

Curbishley has been out of management for too long ans his style is too different, would be a very bad move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here