Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luis Diaz

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9923965 said:
There's an article about our interest by a journalist called Alvaro Hernandez (haven't been able to find him on twitter) who writes for Don Balon which is a Spanish football magazine.

"There had been a lot of talk about the interest of Wolfsburg or Bayer Leverkusen, but it is Brighton & Hove Albion that seems to be more serious. They have more than enough money, and they aspire to put together a great project, with a more ambitious goal than to avoid permanence.

What the hell does "avoid permanence" mean? Is Potter aiming for a selection of transitory players who drift in and out of this corporeal realm? Or the footballing equivalent of Schroedinger's Cat? :lolol:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
What the hell does "avoid permanence" mean? Is Potter aiming for a selection of transitory players who drift in and out of this corporeal realm? Or the footballing equivalent of Schroedinger's Cat? :lolol:

Maybe it's an oblique reference to the monologue at the end of blade runner about how "all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

This seems unlikely.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe it's an oblique reference to the monologue at the end of blade runner about how "all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. The Albion winning at Anfield. I watched Neal Maupay wind up the entire Arsenal team. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Could be

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree , I can’t find any real substance to this possible transfer , however I think he does fit the profile of player that Btn would possibly be interested in , depending on lots of things of course including fee and wages .

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I saw this last night.

"Portuguese Media Report Porto Slap €80M Price Tag On Inter & Tottenham Target Luis Diaz"

https://sempreinter.com/2020/08/05/...rice-tag-on-inter-tottenham-target-luis-diaz/

His contract runs until June 2024 according to transfermarkt.

Not sure what to believe but my gut tells me this is all b0ll0cks, which annoys me for two reasons: 1. he looks fantastic, 2. the ITK twitter guy probably isn't very ITK...*sigh*

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I saw this last night.

"Portuguese Media Report Porto Slap €80M Price Tag On Inter & Tottenham Target Luis Diaz"

https://sempreinter.com/2020/08/05/...rice-tag-on-inter-tottenham-target-luis-diaz/

His contract runs until June 2024 according to transfermarkt.

Not sure what to believe but my gut tells me this is all b0ll0cks, which annoys me for two reasons: 1. he looks fantastic, 2. the ITK twitter guy probably isn't very ITK...*sigh*

80 million euro for a guy that was not even a regular starter at Porto???!!! Selfish player who loves dribbling, just wish he would pick his head up every once in a while and pass the ball.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'd be very pleasantly surprised if this guy is in any way a realistic target for us.

The next step up from Porto tends to be an even loftier CL club, prepared to pay big money.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’m with you. Another “come on guys, a better club than Brighton must want this star”

Going off topic, although I think he’s a bit agricultural I was impressed with Kalvin Phillips statement that he was happy at Leeds and has no ambition to go anywhere else. When did a Brighton player ever say something similar, since John Byrne?

He's from Leeds and playing for his boyhood team.... maybe that's enough for him given he is a first choice English international under Southgate.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I suppose as with these kinds of things we have to wait and see.

Most Twitter transfer rumours are nonsense because fans make them up using Twitter and forums etc - and then reasonably reputable publishers recycle them to earn ££ in clicks and advertising and so it goes on. . They’re not hard to spot. You don’t really have to wait and see...!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Most Twitter transfer rumours are nonsense because fans make them up using Twitter and forums etc - and then reasonably reputable publishers recycle them to earn ££ in clicks and advertising and so it goes on. . They’re not hard to spot. You don’t really have to wait and see...!

On the last transfer of( Enock Mwepu) I have to Disagree. Everything looked like made up nonesense. Day later it snowballed into something with credence (hence wait and see) day later he signed...... basically you never can tell.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
On the last transfer of( Enock Mwepu) I have to Disagree. Everything looked like made up nonesense. Day later it snowballed into something with credence (hence wait and see) day later he signed...... basically you never can tell.

I'd guess that, barring a few obvious and widely reported transfers, you could dismiss every twitter rumour as nonsense and have a 95% success rate.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

This.

That rumour looked fake as hell. Turned out to be completely legit.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This.

That rumour looked fake as hell. Turned out to be completely legit.

The Twitter account ? Or The Zambian journalist he was liberally quoting from - probably via the RB Salzburg forum - who first reported on the transfer ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Twitter account ? Or The Zambian journalist he was liberally quoting from - probably via the RB Salzburg forum - who first reported on the transfer ?

That’s the thing isn’t it. Guy looks like he was just a random Twitter user in the know, when in reality, he got it from somewhere else on the internet before anyone else :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here