Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luis Diaz

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Didn’t that guy claim to have inside info on Red Bull teams? Which it then turned out he just took from a Salzburg forum and a video from a Zambian journalist? How the hell would he know about a transfer between us and Porto?

He's probably worked out that he can land a big catch on his Twitter profile by posting any old bollocks to needy brighton fans!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Are they, by any chance, all quoting each other or the same original tweet?

Apologies for being cynical and miserablist. But I am.

You should be cynical. Here’s another source. A German account with 5k followers.

[tweet]1412965923250651141[/tweet]

As always, urge caution with Twitter rumours until it’s announced. Mind you, “The Computer” rumour came true.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
You should be cynical. Here’s another source. A German account with 5k followers.

[tweet]1412965923250651141[/tweet]

"Source: Twitter"

Well that's reassuring.

That truism about the answer to any question forming a headline being "no" comes to mind.

As always, urge caution with Twitter rumours until it’s announced. Mind you, “The Computer” rumour came true.

As does the saying that a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
There's an article about our interest by a journalist called Alvaro Hernandez (haven't been able to find him on twitter) who writes for Don Balon which is a Spanish football magazine.

The key extract:

"There had been a lot of talk about the interest of Wolfsburg or Bayer Leverkusen, but it is Brighton & Hove Albion that seems to be more serious. They have more than enough money, and they aspire to put together a great project, with a more ambitious goal than to avoid permanence. And one of the first footballers that they have had their eye on is Barrancas, who does not deny that he is beginning to consider the idea of ​​leaving the weak Liga NOS, to meet a more demanding competition.

The option of going to England appeals to him a lot, but first he wants to wait and see if another more interesting proposal comes along."

https://www.donbalon.com/futbol/cop...egada-a-la-premier-league-hay-oferta-en-firme

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9923965 said:
There's an article about our interest by a journalist called Alvaro Hernandez (haven't been able to find him on twitter) who writes for Don Balon which is a Spanish football magazine.

The key extract:

"There had been a lot of talk about the interest of Wolfsburg or Bayer Leverkusen, but it is Brighton & Hove Albion that seems to be more serious. They have more than enough money, and they aspire to put together a great project, with a more ambitious goal than to avoid permanence. And one of the first footballers that they have had their eye on is Barrancas, who does not deny that he is beginning to consider the idea of ​​leaving the weak Liga NOS, to meet a more demanding competition.

The option of going to England appeals to him a lot, but first he wants to wait and see if another more interesting proposal comes along."

https://www.donbalon.com/futbol/cop...egada-a-la-premier-league-hay-oferta-en-firme

Interesting as it looks like this one might have some merit AND it shows we are also after an attacking pacy winger which is encouraging!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9923965 said:

The key extract:

That bit suggests that if there's any truth in this then it'll play out in a similar waythe to that striker(Nunez?) that went to Benfica over us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"Source: Twitter"

Well that's reassuring.

That truism about the answer to any question forming a headline being "no" comes to mind.

As does the saying that a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Well technically the source is from the person who wrote it. But of course. This entire thread comes from a tweet. As do many transfer rumours (as mentioned, the Mwepu transfer came true).

You’re best of just waiting for official club announcements if the rumour mill bothers you :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That bit suggests that if there's any truth in this then it'll play out in a similar waythe to that striker(Nunez?) that went to Benfica over us.

I’m with you. Another “come on guys, a better club than Brighton must want this star”

Going off topic, although I think he’s a bit agricultural I was impressed with Kalvin Phillips statement that he was happy at Leeds and has no ambition to go anywhere else. When did a Brighton player ever say something similar, since John Byrne?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That could be said for any signing...However it also says we have money and are preparing for an exciting project...Not settling for just safety so there ay well be something in this..

We know we have some money and our stated aim is to become an established top ten club so there could be something in it. He's the type of signing we probably need to make to have a serious go at it. It just sounds to me a little similar to the situation last year. Maybe it's a case of once bitten twice shy but it feels like a case of using our interest to smoke out other 'better' options.

A 'more interesting proposal' could simply be us offering him better wages than we are currently....

I like this intepretation though. Unless we've already offered him our maximum.:down:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Well technically the source is from the person who wrote it. But of course. This entire thread comes from a tweet. As do many transfer rumours (as mentioned, the Mwepu transfer came true).

You’re best of just waiting for official club announcements if the rumour mill bothers you :shrug:

It's too warm and muggy to be bothered by anything today. I'm super cas' today :cool:

Not all rumours are born equal, sometimes (as with the Mwepu signing) other journalists come along and corroborate the story. Most of the time a load of people just retweet and recycle the same stuff in the hope that one of them might turn out to be true. Since I'm interested in twitter in the same way as I'm interested in my flat's sewage system (I accept it exists, and get somebody else to look at it) I was wondering if anybody with actual knowledge had repeated the story.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Having just watched a few highlight reels he looks similar in movement and control to Luis Suarez, we were linked to another player who also had a style very reminiscent of El Pistolero. Not a bad type of forward to be looking at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here