Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luis Diaz

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's the first I've heard of Pereira's release clause. Would be a bargain at that price.

It’s a hunch on my behalf based on two bits of evidence.

Firstly, there were stories that he was available for a ‘cut price’ £15m at the beginning of the window, these could have come from his agent? Then, there were stories that West Brom tried to flog him for £5m to China thus avoiding the Chinese 100% transfer tax scheme on purchases more than £5m; an additional £20m was rumoured to find it’s way to the West Brom owner through the back door if the Chinese deal went to plan, it didn’t.

I think he’d be the perfect challenger to Tross for a place. A left footed EPL proven goal scorer who can take a free kick.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I think he’d be the perfect challenger to Tross for a place. A left footed EPL proven goal scorer who can take a free kick.

Mathias Pereira would be a cracking signing at £15m, but there is 0 chance he is joining us to compete with Trossard. He is likely to hold a starting position in a top half Premier League side (and get a higher wage), so why would he come here? Yes, we have the potential to be a top half team ourselves, but I seriously doubt this one will happen.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It’s a hunch on my behalf based on two bits of evidence.

Firstly, there were stories that he was available for a ‘cut price’ £15m at the beginning of the window, these could have come from his agent? Then, there were stories that West Brom tried to flog him for £5m to China thus avoiding the Chinese 100% transfer tax scheme on purchases more than £5m; an additional £20m was rumoured to find it’s way to the West Brom owner through the back door if the Chinese deal went to plan, it didn’t.

He would be a brilliant signing, but there is no indication we are intetested and their local newspaper is reporting the £15m figure is not true.

Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting the Baggies would listen to offers in the region of £15million for their Brazilian talisman.

But the Express & Star understands that is not the case with the club’s valuation of the player significantly higher.

I still hope we are interested, but won't be holding my breath.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All this because a kid on Twitter saw a comment on a forum from a Zambian journo and passed it off as his own and made a ton of noise about it? :lol: and a few kids are kissing his arse - so it’s even got on the Argus website (saying no obviously) - ah the transfer window is always the same!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't doubt that our recruitment team are able to identify top players, it's just a case of getting them in now! Maybe we'd have been able to get Diaz in if it wasn't for the Copa America? Hopefully this summer we'll be able to get our business done early.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't doubt that our recruitment team are able to identify top players, it's just a case of getting them in now! Maybe we'd have been able to get Diaz in if it wasn't for the Copa America? Hopefully this summer we'll be able to get our business done early.

I dont think so. With the exception of Fabio Silva, who had done 12 appearances and was sold for £40m to Wolves, they dont really sell their good players to any team that isnt PSG/Liverpool/Real Madrid/Manchester United or similar size: https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-porto/alletransfers/verein/720

I dont see a world where it was particularly close or realistic... agree he is good though but probably needs to find good players before they make the step to teams like FC Porto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here